Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

Fortunately we were able to get a bunch of the NYS/CT group over here!

Yeah, I think as long as you can find your ā€œcircle,ā€ it matters not where they end up.

True. But Iā€™m also happy to have that board pick up some steam!

Possibly just the logistics of being able to contact posters, or not.

Iā€™d say the folk regularly contributing to the UK/Ireland board broke in roughly three ways. Some moved here, some stayed, some have disappeared.

I know all of L.A. posters moved over to Food Talk Central . If you need any information on that area they are all there . And have great info . Very active board .

thanks for this. i relied on a lot of these people for any time i go to LA, and I didnā€™t realize thatā€™s where they ended up. Actually, I hadnā€™t even caught on to Food Talk Central.

1 Like

It would probably be more aptly named as LA Talk Central.

9 Likes

I sussed that out almost immediately. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve decided to stay here. Although, at the moment I seem to be here, there, and everywhere else.

2 Likes

Any board has increased traffic instead of decrease?

No, definitely not. It seems like thereā€™s more resurrections of zombie threads, though, from people popping in via Google.

If only they gave that Junior guy his own board a lot of this could have been avoided. Such a shame.

4 Likes

That is probably true.

Yet another former CH here. I posted for about a dozen years - same name - and was slow to realize how moribund CH had become. In my defense, we traveled a lot at the end of last year ā€¦ but it was like talking to an empty room. Why waste my time?

About once a week, I might check CH to see if anything interesting has popped up. Sorry to say, 100% of the time, it was a waste.

Depending on my interest du jour, I will check various boards. Nothing consistent. If we have a trip, I will check those locations. Iā€™ll regularly read Home Cook and General discussions (unless it is about tipping, then I pass).

So glad to find HO. Thanks for such a welcoming, new home.

8 Likes

Welcome, Sherri. I just checked CH this morning and someone posted a question about where to eat in St. Martin for her 40th - a year ago. Someone just answeredā€¦:smirk:

3 Likes
  1. Yes, was a CH since 2007. Made 1,167 posts, last one in Sep 2015 - didnā€™t like the new format so I just stopped posting.
  2. Oh yes, Iā€™d never given CH a peep since.
  3. My home board - Asia-Pacific: Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, etc.
3 Likes

Hello and WELCOME!!

How did you hear about us over here? Look forward to your contributions!!!

Perhaps she will return for her 41st!!

I look over there about once a week, Iā€™m lucky if 6 threads Iā€™ve participated in have activity. As far as new threads on my local board, MAYBE 1-2 a week. So sad.

??? Somehow I found both HO and FTC. Iā€™m pretty certain that Robert Lauriston was involved somehow ā€¦ Googling around the web there was mention of both sites - hurrah! CH has ceased to be viable and I am thrilled to see so many familiar names here. I wondered what had happened to them and now I know they are as smart as I thought they were!

1 Like

Robert is involved with FTC.

Excellent!! Thank you for taking the time to respond Iā€™m pleased we are coming up on Google searches!!! Please spread the word!!

1 Like