Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

MIn their defense, there was a point when negative feedback was loud and constant especially when the massive changes went into effect. Given that ‘management’s’ position was that it was their site (not the users’), trying to keep the intense negativity away from the eyes of those who were less invested ( and especially newcomers) wasn’t all that difficult to understand. Misguided, unfair, dumb, stupid … all of those things in the eyes of what seemed to be the core content creators… but still understandable if you could detach from the emotional investment. Obviously lots of people couldn’t and/or just chose not to. I guess I just viewed it as ‘their football’.

4 Likes

I have never read anything negative on the home cooking board or what’s for dinner. It always wow, thumbs up , or What was the recipe . On hungry onion

3 Likes

I agree.

OK, already.

Welcome both. Good to see an old Chowhound pal.

Apologies for the delay - I’ve been away on holiday for three weeks and literally just got arrived home .

6 Likes

Sheesh. You go on vacation and don’t take us, your favorite people in the world (possibly a hyperbolic assessment of our stature), along with?

(Just kidding - welcome home and am looking forward to reading of your adventures!)

I sort of did take one of us - but you’ll have to wait a day or so until I’ve typed up my reviews to see how.

And, of course, Onions were there in spirit, guiding me through New England dinners.

4 Likes

Likewise! Hope to read about your dinners on WFD.

1 Like

I was on Chowhound for several years but left after the disaster of a redesign. Haven’t been back there since I found Hungry Onion.

What I used to enjoy most on CH was the cookbook threads.
But here on HO I enjoy the WFD thread (even though I have not posted to it…never think to take a picture of what I make but I do enjoy and admire everyone else’s work!).

5 Likes

Do join us on the WFD thread. Posting photos is not a prerequisite.

Good to have you back, @Harters.

4 Likes

^^^this!

1 Like

Not a prerequisite. But we and or (I) like photos.

I cook by photos, or the photo in my head, not recipe

But shouldn’t bar someone if they can’t manage, right? Photos are obviously important to me - a partial motive for making the move!

1 Like

Who said anything about barring. Absolutely not. I like photos but not maditory

2 Likes

I will try to jump in with some photos of what I make in the near future. Always enjoy seeing/reading what everyone makes. Presunto, your photos are always so well styled!

2 Likes

Yes, Yes, and regional.

I was on CH for a long time and used it for research whenever I traveled. I found a lot of good food through CH. Left to come here after the first redesign and never posted there again.

2 Likes

What’s WFD? I could look around and find it, I suppose. But I thought it worth alerting to the obscure acronym powers that be. :slight_smile:

What’s for dinner.

1 Like

I did like that thread, too. Thanks!

Here ya go,

I should listen to my own advice.