Supermarket Status [Monmouth County, NJ]

Steve, I too had Cuzins a couple weeks ago and it was very good. Might I suggest you re-post your mini review of the food on the thread for Cuzin’s. I think it’s better to give places the exposure they deserve than having it buried on this thread where people aren’t going to be looking for a review of Cuzins. Just a friendly suggestion!!

2 Likes

It’s probably a time-of-day thing. I don’t hit the “senior hour” (6AM? really?), but at 8AM, Shoprite (Aberdeen) is not very crowded at all. My guess is that later in the day it fills up. If you really want Wegman’s, you probably need to go early in the day.

Not following Jr’s advice by posting on the Cuzin’s thread, we also took in once during the quarantine. The portion size of the fried seafood combo alone could have fed 3-4 people. I’ve now taken out from Cuzin’s, but have yet to eat in.

2 Likes

I would be happy to re post on the correct thread, but I don’t know how .
Maybe an admin can do it.
I like Cuzins and am happy to give them good exposure.

Yeah , that fried seafood combo is truly a beast .Excellent seafood and plenty of it.

Steve,
Here is the link to the Cuzin’s specific thread. If you click on this you can then post in the thread just like you did this one. It’s not mandatory and I am in no way chastising you, I just like to see the restaurants get as much attention as possible, especially given these very unique situations.

Thanks & stay safe my friend!

2 Likes

I agree once you get to the carts everything is pretty good all things considered, just too many options to put up with waiting on line.

Done, thanks for improving my social media skills. Stay healthy too!

2 Likes

Got our now-weekly order from Cuttler’s on Tuesday; I’ve been splitting the orders/ordering and pickup duties with a friend who lives up the street. He had to be on a work call so I went to get it, and OHBOY was my week made! The one thing I realized I hadn’t ordered was spinach, but I figured I can go a few days without it (I put 2 huge handfuls in my eggs every morning)…he had ordered some, though, and we were shocked to see a PILLOW-sized bag. 2.5lbs of gorgeous baby spinach! Needless to say, I won’t run out any time soon, and now it will be part of our weekly order.

2 Likes

I was just in Target, Ocean (no wipes). I saw grabbed the last tube of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for you. PM me for address and I’ll leave them outside for you.

2 Likes

Net Cost Manalapan No wait , Purell at the door & the shelves are all fully loaded.
I went on a whim looking for a bit of smoked salmon & some Eastern Europe treats. My surprise that I could walk right in greeted by a spotless store.
As far as prepared food the steam tables were bare as could be expected.
The bakery, fresh fish , butcher departments were active only 1 or 2 in front of me.
Lots of dairy products ,no shelf seemed empty.
I didn’t look for any paper products or cleaning products.
Fruits & Vegetables looked fresh.
Checking out took me about 5 minutes to get to the register & they gave me a15% discount even without the courtesy card.
BTW girl friend had a prescription ready at Wegmans’s but I avoided the 45 minute waiting line by using their curb side pick up, very convenient.
Seems likely that I will be going to Net Cost more often.

3 Likes

My husband stopped by Dearborn earlier and they had rubbing alcohol but no napkins.

2 Likes

Stop an Shop on 35 in Neptune had a surprising amount of toilet paper and paper towels both name brands and store brand

3 Likes

I’ve been getting Hillshire Farms turkey at Walmart.

Just got back from Delicious Orchards “pre-packaged “ deal, $49. for all of the below. Price and offerings change daily, so check for their daily offers. It’s “no contract” to the utmost degree, when you pull up they place the bags in your trunk then use a 6ft 2x4 “plank” with the credit card reader placing it on your drivers side window to run your card. Lol With all of today’s technology it still comes down to a good ole 2x4 to get the job done!!

13 Likes

I went to Delicious Orchard on Saturday afternoon around 3 pm.
No line, bakery, fruit and vegetable well stocked which is want I was there for. It’s basically almost like a normal shopping trip except for the masks and gloves.

3 Likes

Walked in at Freehold Sam’s around 6:30pm. Pretty empty. Had most things but chicken and ground beef/turkey. No eggs.

1 Like

New place in Manalapan
Buddy’s Marketplace opened 5/1 in the Yorktown shopping center.
The score of the day was a Junior’s cheese cake.
The place is similar to Tuscany but seems pricier.
The Cheesecake was $30.00 ( worth it in these times)
Salads were about $10.00 a pound.
Fresh bread and the usual Italian specialities.
No line but other than that & the Juniors Cheesecake not worth my time as Tuscany is basically 5 minutes from my home.
I would recommend if you are nearby.

2 Likes

Heads up to anyone who qualified but did not take advantage of the Spring holiday promotion at Shoprite. You have until May 9 to get your free item (turkey, ham, chicken, etc.) which you can also donate somewhere if you prefer.

2 Likes

So funny–I was JUST looking at my receipt from today so I could tell my friend his total, and I noticed it at the bottom…REALLY wish they had said something at the register because I’m not sure I’m going to go back just for that.

That said, I went to the SR in Neptune today around Noon, and while there were plenty of people, it wasn’t jammed, and it’s the first time since this whole thing started that the store felt almost fully stocked. TP (only 1-2 brands), paper towels (they were just finishing stocking the entire first half of the aisle with a variety of brands), and even some cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer. The pork and beef sections had signs Limit 2 per type of meat, but I didn’t see one on chicken.

I hadn’t been in over 2 weeks so I did a big stock-up, including some things I didn’t genuinely need, but when I saw them in front of me…

2 Likes