Supermarket Pet Peeves

I remember that! Why do I have a bit of melancholy when I think about him?

4 Likes

I knew I had additional pics … I wonder if this VD thing occurs in other Micky D’s as well

2 Likes

Was I the only who thought Venereal Disease?

5 Likes

Celebrating Valentine’s Day at Micky D’s vs VD
Very little difference IMO :sob:

Ha, I also thought of venereal disease. But actually I thought the Valentine’s decorations were sweet. Clearly something the manager and workers did on their own. An affordable Valentine’s celebration at any rate.

4 Likes

Some McD’s get a lot of regulars - especially retirees who get together daily for coffee. Decorations like that can make the day a bit cheerier for them!

4 Likes

Not this location … but I do get that

Perhaps, but I’m thinking of that now. Life will never be the same. :laughing:

1 Like

Mismarked items, sale price not appearing in register, holding up the line to get either checked and fixed.

1 Like
4 Likes

Ahh! I fell asleep before that one.

I am sorry it took so long to get back to you.
Theses pictures were taken at a Trade Fair Supermarket, in East Elmhurst Queens, and one at Food Bazar in Jackson Heights, Queens, NY
Trade Fair

Food Bazar

Here is another picture of someone bagging and having some money in front of them to demonstrate that others give them money for bagging, even though this an employee of the store.

1 Like

If a young person totes out a 60 lb bag of topsoil to my car and loads it, or if a young person totes a 35 lb bag of dog food out of the pet store and loads it, they get a tip. If a bagger at a grocer fills up two bags of my groceries, nope. No tip.

7 Likes

2 intact eggs out of the dozen :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I always check, but sometimes the store lighting is just not good enough … grateful we are at the height of egg laying season here

4 Likes

I agree. And I try to bag my own.

Where I live, I try to tip the guys who load heavy items into my car, but they always politely decline, stating it is against store policy (whether it be Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, Giant, etc). I then usually ask them if they can drive home with me and unload said heavy item :grinning: Alas, that’s also against store policy.

4 Likes

I can’t believe the clerks don’t inspect the cartons when they’re putting them out. At my usual store, all the cartons with broken eggs are donated to the food bank.

1 Like

It has been at least 6 years since a clerk opened an egg carton of mine and checked for breakage.

An easy trick to check is to gently wiggle each egg in it’s spot in the carton. If there is a crack on the underside the egg will be stuck and won’t wiggle freely.

3 Likes

In my market people take jumbo eggs out of the cartons and replace with regular ones. They buy the “regular” eggs and you really have to inspect the jumbos!

2 Likes