Summery mushroom inspiration?

San Franciaco Bay Area, but it could be Buenos Aires, Boston Area, or any other ‘bay area’.

Add images here

Blockquote

Nice compilation. The stuffed shiitake are calling out to me as I bought a package of fresh shiitake in chinatown yesterday and was just wondering what to do with them!

I rarely do a cream prep - once in a blue moon with pasta and porcini or maybe a risotto. Mostly I sauté in roughly the same way and then add to things or eat as a main.

With trumpets / king oyster a favorite prep is yakitori, which could be summery I guess if you grill the mushrooms outside.

2 Likes

Yes, I know it could apply to multiple places, I was just curious as to the BA you were referring to please.

I mostly sautée mushrooms in butter or olive oil, on weeknights.

Tonight, I made a parmesan, green onion, asparagus and cremini frittata, with aleppo, dried thyme, dried oregano, fresh basil, fresh parsley and fresh dill. Didn’t follow a recipe.

2 Likes

That sounds really good.

1 Like

I like boletes caps grilled, with olive oil/butter/roasted garlic brushed on them. You might be surprised at availability of these. I’ve seen them at several farmers markets by me. I find them all the time, often ruined by rain, or worms. You might not find many in one spot; but they can grow huge. Like 8-10oz each.

Might not sound summery; but when I want a “light” summer steak, I love these. Here’s a helper if you want to look for your own.
How To Identify an Edible Bolete Mushroom | The Survival Gardener

They’re a beautiful mushroom, most are edible. Boletus satanas, though, is quite not edible, as the name might imply.

I could totally see one of these , grilled, in a banh mi. The king boletes, not the satanas, of course. Chanterelles smell heavenly, though.

1 Like