Summer 2021 (Jul-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

Like this post for GREEK.

5 Likes

Like this post for MARITIME (NORTH AMERICA).

2 Likes

Like this post for MEDITERRANEAN ISLANDS.

3 Likes

Thanks for organizing.

Does it mean the style of cooking? Or it’s more about the specific seafood or fish that is regional?

2 Likes

Mediterranean …

1 Like

Good question. I’m hoping for style. Some types of seafood aren’t available everywhere.

3 Likes

Just a reminder to like just ONE post above to cast your vote. If you liked more than one, please unlike one or let me know which one to count!

1 Like

Mediterranean is my vote.

2 Likes

It means the style of cooking found in the Maritime provinces of Canada and New England in the States.
Lobster Rolls, fried clams, blueberry pie, Acadian food , clam chowder, seafood chowder, biscuits (not the same as southern biscuits), rappie pie, fish and chips.

There is a heavy British, Irish,Scottish and French Cdn influence on the Cdn Maritime foods. Many of the foods in New England and the Maritime provinces are similar. Geographically, the regions together stretch from Massachusetts up to Newfoundland and Labrador, including the Gulf of the St Lawrence and Gaspé peninsula.

I will edit and add links.

10 Atlantic Canadian recipes

The summer foods of Prince Edward Island, the Gaspé, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire.

4 Likes

I see!! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Oh now I’m really bummed Maritime is probably not going to make the cut! But hubs loves BBQ so there’s that - International BBQ seems interesting.

BBQ is interesting! I just got home, and my first thought is does that mean grilling or smoking or both?

I’m thinking (hoping!) since it’s International BBQ it includes grilling too. I’m going to get down with some Asian street food style skewers!

1 Like

We will just call it . Meat , poultry, or seafood , , vegetables or anything you desire cooked over wood or charcoal.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…I’m thinking you might be in California.

Close to the Oregon border. 60 miles south

2 Likes

He means, yes, he’s in California.

2 Likes

The good news is Maritime food goes really well with many types of BBQ :wink:

1 Like