Summer 2018 (July-Sept) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

2017: Spanish, Vietnamese, Moroccan, Malaysian
2018: German

1 Like

We used to have Dish of the Month (DOTM) with themes like Chicken and Rice, Grilling / Smoking, Asparagus etc. I think it will be interesting with vegetarian dishes. @Bookwich if she wants to give it a try again. Although I think it will be nice to make it to a bi-monthly event, I think.

@biondanonima

This post only appears pinned (stays on the top) in the cooking discussions board listing page, but not on the homepage. Weird…

Thanks! How about Chinese or Thai?

2 Likes

CHINESE and THAI are our first nominations! Any other suggestions?

I think that’s just the way the software works - @sck, can you confirm? It would be great to have it pinned on the homepage but I’m not sure it’s possible.

Middle America. Picnics , barbecue , potlucks , eating outside on a hot summer eve .

1 Like

Either of these 2 cuisines looks good, maybe slight preference for Chinese, since I would like to try making dumplings… But Thai is fine, there is the David Thompson cookbook that I would like to start using.

I must say Chinese is an exceptionally broad cuisine. Its one country, but the food is as varied there as in continental Europe.

1 Like

Another nomination for MIDDLE AMERICAN cuisine. This could be a really fascinating topic to explore!

Do you think it would be better to focus on just one regional style of Chinese cookery rather than the entire country? If so, care to nominate a region? :smiley:

Very true, I thought about narrowing it down to say, Sichuan, but wasn’t sure if that would be too constraining. I have a couple of cookbooks - Stir Frying to the Sky’s Edge by Grace Young as well as Fuschia Dunlop’s Land of Plenty and Every Grain of Rice. I’d like to dive more into those, and I’m not sure they’re limited to a specific region.

MIDDLE AMERICA has my vote, especially if we include olden-days recipes, like tomato aspic. How fun would that be? :slight_smile:

I am less enthused, lol

I am also not enthused about Chinese or thai . Lol. :wink:

:wink:

1 Like

Lol, I’ll post a voting thread tomorrow so the whole board can decide!

Sure! Let’s give it another try. Summer is perfect for vegetarian/vegan. :slight_smile: