Suffering from a sriracha shortage? Here’s why

Sounds like you may need an intervention, Chris.

1 Like

@CCE You’re probably right, but they need to get in the queue behind the people who are intervening regarding this…

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve been finding plenty of his bottles in the stores, but it was gone for a bit.

1 Like

Has anyone tried to ferment their own chilies and garlic? It’s supposed to be easy. You just chop up a bunch of chilis and let it ferment overtime begore refrigeration etc.

I was thinking about doing so once my bottle of siracha cha cha runs out

Try here

2 Likes

I make a fermented habanero sauce every spring to deter the deer and certain squirrels. When I decant it into my spray bottle I am wise to glove, mask and goggle up! It is probably in the 300K range on the Scoville scale.

1 Like

Evidently it’s now gone again, everywhere. I’m good. My pandemic stash hoarding left me with, I think, an extra bottle besides the one in the fridge.

1 Like

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/san-francisco-senor-sisig-sriracha-stolen-18156771.php

Has there been an update to this? I have not seen any bottles on the shelves this last week.

The article is a year old. I haven’t seen a shortage of sriracha on store shelves around me (nyc) in a while.

1 Like

San Francisco TV news interviewed restaurant owners who said they loose bottles from the tables, a reporter related “his” place were no longer offering packages.

Oh jeez. Because stealing a bottle from a restaurant is the solution :woman_facepalming:t2:

I should have said I usually look when I’m in Chinatown, and then buy a couple at a time. Last was a couple of weeks ago.

I just posted this in on the ingredients board! I’ll delete it now. I haven’t been able to find it in months (NJ).

I just looked on Instacart and it shows both Huy Fong and LKK available at several stores in my neighborhood or for delivery – might be worth a look for your zip.

1 Like

I checked Instacart last night - no Huy Fong available anywhere. So I checked my pantry again - 2 unopened bottles. Enough to last until the space ship beams me up for my return voyage.

It is nice to read you have no problems.

Maybe some empathy for those who have problems.

?

People asked if others have seen it

I responded that I had - and then I checked to see if that was still true in my neighborhood and suggested Instacart as a possible way for others to locate it

This is lacking empathy?

Maybe chill out a bit on interpretation — and also keep in mind that we are discussing chilli sauce

6 Likes

(post deleted by author)