Steak Mc Nuggets?

I’m craving deep fried anything. I have two perfect beef tenderloin (filet mignon) steaks. I don’t want to grill or sauté them. I’m thinking of cutting them into 1" cubes, breading or battering them then deep fry in peanut oil and serve with a dipping sauce. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Like

Are you looking for recommendations for the dipping sauce? Seems you have the rest figured out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m leaning toward batter dipped like Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken. I also have bottled Sweet Chili Sauce which we like.

You could pound them out and ruin them like they do in Indiana for a pork tenderloin sandwich :wink:

TBH, I can’t fathom wanting to bread beef tenderloin & deep-fry it, but if I’d have to choose a sauce with it, I would likely stick to something like Béarnaise or Choron, or maybe something spicy with horseradish.

1 Like

I love pork tenderloin like that…breaded and fried on a bun with yellow mustard and onions. :drooling_face: :yum:

No recommendation for deep frying cubed beef tenderloin :no_good_man:t3: ….if I wasn’t going to prepare it traditionally I’d probably go with using it for a steak sandwich.

You’re right, actually. I love a good pork schnitzel. Beef tenderloin, tho?

But I also don’t ‘get’ chicken-fried steak, so maybe I should just shuddup :wink:

1 Like

I often holiday in Phuket, Thailand, and one of the local dishes is deep fried fillet of beef or pork. With a spicy and sour sauce like they would use for fish cakes. It’s utterly sublime!

I don’t think they batter or bread them, just deep fry as is. Somehow the meat stays soft and juicy, don’t know how they do that. Perhaps they put thr meat is some marinade beforehand to break down the inner structure, like how baking soda can be used for that purpose.

1 Like

Ok… going with your chili sauce thought…

1. Instead of 1" cubes, slice the beef tenderloin in pieces about the same size as a McNugget (perhaps a little bigger).

2. Put flour in a large bowl and coat the beef with it.

3. Heat vegetable oil in a wok or deep skillet and fry the beef slices until brown.

4. Lay paper towels on a large plate and remove the deep-fried beef on it, to absorb the excess fat.

Sauce
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
2 1/3 tablespoons of your chili sauce
1+ teaspoon orange zest
1 tablespoon Shao Hsing cooking wine (or some sherry and a dash of rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon soy sauce

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok or small sauce pan until hot. Add garlic, ginger, green onion and chili sauce. Stir fry until fragrant. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil.

Now you can add the beef slices and gently coat pieces in sauce until thickened…

Or, add a little cornstarch to the wine to make a slurry before adding to the sauce to make a thicker dipping sauce.

Never do that. I’m not a chicken fried steak person either.

There’s plenty of bourbon here but working in the yard might call for gin instead. Suddenly steak sandwiches or pork schnitzel sounds so good. If you’re in the area stop by…I can find a extra pair of lawn gloves. :smirk:

1 Like

Thanks for all the good ideas but I ended up going in a different direction yesterday. I made some stir fried cabbage and spaghetti (Lo Mein) and put the sautéed filets on top of it. Stir fried cabbage is my new favorite vegetable. I’m still am going to deep fry some beef maybe a cheaper cut like top sirloin butt which is on sale this week.
BTW How do you add a picture to a post?

1 Like

I know of two ways…

1. The upload icon from the text window allows you to select pictures from your device.

2. Paste a link from a third party hosting website. [This is my preferred method.]

Why? I just use my own photo bank.
That’s not good?

(post deleted by author)

Yes.
I always download photos to my own device first.
Wondering if you use a 3rd party app instead.

Drag & drop on a laptop or hit the photo icon in the comment editing window.

Thanks.

A photo I plan to post here I upload to a dedicated photo hosting site like Imgur.

This is my practice as message boards often prefer not to allocate disc space to host member photos/video so they apply extreme limits…which is reasonable. That may not be the case here though. I don’t know. I post it [links] and forget it. Lol

Some member assisted sites allow much greater storage space to encourage supporting memberships.

1 Like

Interesting.Thanks!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

How about Thai peanut sauce and cucumber-chili sauce, as if the tenderloin were beef satay. Or slice thinly, marinate, and ACTUALLY make satay. BTW, when I get takeout satay, I turn it into a sandwich: cream cheese on soft bread/roll, top with both sauces, the beef satay, and the other slice of bread.

1 Like

I remembered beef fondue was a “thing” back in the last century, and when I googled it, it still exists. Like a cheese fondue, it was done around a pot of bubbling oil (or broth) and dipping sauces were provided.

2 Likes