Spring 2019 (Apr-Jun) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

We have some great nominees this time around - I’ll leave the voting open until Friday! Please choose your favorite by clicking the knife-and-fork icon on the appropriate post below (one vote per person, please).

1 Like

Click here for BENGALI.

1 Like

Click here for ETHIOPIAN.

Click here for ISRAELI (LEVANTINE).

4 Likes

Click here for TURKISH.

3 Likes

(bumping this up to the top of the list)

1 Like

Difficult choice, everything looks good. My final choice will be probably between levantine and bengali, still hesitating.

1 Like

Question, isn’t ISRAELI / LEVANTINE cuisine includes TURKISH?

1 Like

Certainly there are similarities, although in the wikipedia article @paprikaboy linked on his nomination post, it says that Levantine only encompasses parts of Southern Turkey. I quite honestly don’t know enough about the food of Northern Turkey to say whether the regional differences are great enough to warrant a separate nomination - happy to hear from experts on this topic, though!

This article on Turkish cooking might help. Not that it is divided into north and south, but east and west.

https://turkishtravelblog.com/regional-guide-food-turkey/

Looks like ISRAELI (LEVANTINE) is the winner by a vote, with TURKISH a close runner-up. Lots of interest in that part of the world for this quarter so nice that we can include both under the Levantine umbrella!