" BC Spot Prawns Season 2023 " - Enjoying these sweet and succulent delicacies at ‘Top-choice, Markham’ for the first time this year with family members. Great food with great company!
Shallow wok-fried and finished off with a savory and slightly sweet ’ Maggi/Top Soy ’ glaze. These ‘centre-stage stars’ were paired with a couple of off-dry Alsace Grand Cru and German Kabinett Gewurtztraminer…Perfecto!!
The other delectable, ‘supporting cast’ dishes include:
- Rose essence premium top-soy poached free-range chicken
- Stirred fry Chinese kale ( Gai-Lan ) with sliced Veal
- Stirred fry Yellowfin Grouper with Asparagus & King mushrooms
- Deep fried crispy jumbo BC oysters with honey peppered glaze
- Steamed minced pork patty with sun-dried salted fish
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Complimentary silken Tofu dessert
Nicely executed with fair amount of wok-hay presence amongst the stirred fry dishes. Only disappointment was the slightly overcooked and under-seasoned soy-sauce chicken. Pity the visual appeal was not matched by the taste profile! You win some, you lose some! sigh!