SPONTANEOUS BITES! -- February 2022

How about a thread of quick, spontaneous bites, meals, eats, etc.

Y’know, stuff that we just get sort of spur of the moment, not something pre-planned with reservations, blah-blah.

Here’s mine (although technically spontaneously ordered this on the 30th, but who’s counting).

From Prank in Downtown Los Angeles (aka “LA’s first walk-up bar”!)

6 Likes

What is it?

This sounds like a great topic, but could result in some questionable pics! I’m thinking strange combinations rustled up in the moment.

2 Likes

Filet Mignon skeweres

1 Like

That’s the point! :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes, lol, if we can get the courage up to post our really quick or most desperate attempts at snacking…

1 Like

I just ate two Snickers and a Twix from the Halloween leftovers. “Fun size”, so it’s fun!

10 Likes

In your case … Spontaneous fun!

1 Like

Boiled dumplings for breakfast

36 hours into no candy / no cake / no refined sugar, after almost 2 years of self-medicating with candy, baked goods and chocolate.

15 Likes

I need you to be my doctor …

5 Likes

Quick bite from Mendocino Farms

5 Likes

Starving and no energy/inspiration:

Not pictured - as tub was in the microwave - frozen green peas which were stirred through the rice and paneer tikka masala. Reasonably tasty meal for two.

Following @shrinkrap’s fine example, dessert was a couple of antiquated-yet-still-edible pumpkin-shaped Reeces that were excavated from the dark recesses of the sugar stash cupboard.

7 Likes

Holiday-themed candies never expire.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

4 Likes

Well … these were not purchased in 2021, or 2020, so 2019 was a fine vintage!

2 Likes

Indeed.

As I understand it, the 2019 crop was less terroir dependent, so there is no bad batch.

2 Likes

Brunch this morning was impromptu takeout from Mr. Champion in Arcadia.

5 Likes

Making these with steak, using the potatoes I’ve got (can’t get Jersey Royals here ) https://en.gorgonzola.com/recipes/second-course/crushed-jersey-royal-potatoes-with-gorgonzola/

3 Likes

That looks like the perfect winter dish.

1 Like

Beef pie, Miss Ollie’s, Oakland, CA

8 Likes

Those look good!

I’m confused by the garlic: at what point does one remove the peel from the “4 cloves Garlic unpeeled and crushed”?

When the pan is pulled out to crush the potatoes is my guess; assume that roasting them in their peels, and having the other two cloves peeled and roughly chopped, is to give two different flavors.

3 Likes