Spaghetti squash pad thai

I am reviewing a bunch of recipes, and I won’t be trying this one, its not actually pad thai, but check out the list of ingredients! 47, although seems like plenty of duplicates.

Here are some I’m taking ideas from, starting with my favorite.

Especially because “Leftovers reheat well and will keep for up to a week in the fridge.”

Compared with this one, that ends with "serve immediately ". Gah!

I don’t recall the last time I cooked spaghetti squash, and there are good options here.

1 Like

I think there’s some kind of error in the first recipe - I believe it has the same list printed three times. It’s at least twice exactly the same; maybe the third time is different.

1 Like

Agreed!

A few more, then I’m going to sleep.

Lots of veg, some bought chopped, and chicken

This one has a tamari, which I don’t have, and chicken. "Brittany ".

Also with chicken. Very similar, except for the dates (?) but I appreciated the comments about getting squash cooked to your test. I tried to find a name to go with recipe, but it alluded me, at least at 1 AM. ETA “Michelle”.

1 Like

Could you just sub squash for tofu in this cabbage pad Thai recipe from Food52? I would pre-steam and separate the strands and add it last.

Or maybe just swap squash for noodles in a regular, well-tested recipe, like one from America’s Test Kitchen?

Last thought - use zucchini noodles instead?

Thank you! That reminded me that I’ve been down this rabbit hole before.

Cabbage-Phad Thai--not just for dieters - #13 by shrinkrap.

Yes, I remember it😆

1 Like

I essentially used the kitchn recipe.