Southern Oregon

I have, yaks are tasty! Fairly lean and mild, as the article says.

1 Like

Pretty funny headline…

1 Like

Los Tres Potrillos again…

6 Likes

A PNW tale.

https://pleasekillme.com/ken-kesey-spit-ocean/

This is great news, as this is another outpost for this family.
I have not been yet.

1 Like
3 Likes

Just took a fun jaunt around the Rogue Creamery website:

http://www.roguecreamery.com/store/

Now I’m craving!

1 Like

They make cheddars and curds but those don’t make it very far afield. Butter too.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really good stuff. But I’m not sure any one cheese is best in the world, too many varieties to just pick one.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Here you go, Jimmy.
A local write up.

2 Likes

You’ve posted other stories from the Mail Tribune, bbqboy. I’m impressed by the articles I’ve read by them.

Mas— PNW cuisine
I have not been yet.

1 Like

Gorgeous foods and plateing.

1 Like

The food sure looks pretty. At $130 per person not including wine or the mandatory 20%tip*, I am surprised they are able to make it through the winter months when the festival is not going on. The times I have been there in the off season the town is pretty dead. I can’t imagine many SOU students being able to afford that. I guess Ashland has changed more than I think it has. Sounds like it already is the new Napa (see post Aug18). The last time I was there during the busier season there was more of a artsy/hippy/street kid vibe going on. Must have been wealthy hippies. You are with-in a days drive from SFO so maybe. Tech bros in disguise?

*A mandatory 20% tip for tables of two seems unusual. I think many people generally tip that much or more anyway but making it mandatory irks me. I got that from a yelp review so it might not be accurate.

2 Likes

Where did you get yours?

Well my ex-wife is from Oregon so I have gotten it on trips up there, but that source is now shut off!
If I recall correctly I got some at Freestone Artisan Cheeses in Sonoma as well.
I Imagine Mission Cheese might carry it as well, but not positive.

2 Likes

They now have national distribution, but since I’m right here I don’t know the details.
Additionally, I would add they make several blues, all different.

1 Like