Sonny's Hot Dogs [NJ, Neptune]

Out in PA they have Sheetz’s. It’s like WaWa. Coffee’s not nearly as good but the dogs are 2/$1.

My mistake. I got the two shopping centers confused I think. The dog truck is in ocean I believe off deal rd near the Wendy’s

Has anyone heard from hotdoglover?

Not around these boards. He spends a lot of time in a fb hot dog group.

Would you please invite him over here, as well as any other members of the fb board.

1 Like

Joon!!! You are the man!!! I cannot tell you how many times I’ve walked by this place going between Home Goods and the worlds best Dollar Store!! As you said though the place is “dank” and I have been intimidated to give it a try. I’m so glad you posted this because I promise you I will be there this weekend!! Thanks for taking one for the team!!!

1 Like

I sent him this post.

2 Likes

Stopped by today. 2 deep fried, one with chili and the other with cooked onions. Onions were weird, just fried…No sauce. Different, not bad but probably wouldn’t have again. Chili, I thought was fantastic. Little hot, but had that cinnamony weiner sauce thing going on. Probably my favorite chili sauce I’ve had south of the Driscoll.

2 Likes

Dank is good?

I think he means it is kind of dinghy.

I LOVE THIS PLACE !!! Dank is not what I would call it at all, it has a very good feel and vibe to it. Just came back, I had an Italian Hot Dog my wife had dirty water chili cheese and a side of onion rings. The onion rings were frozen, Nathan’s I think, but that’s no big deal. The Italian hot dog was great, I prefer the potatoes to be fried chip style, these were cubed but that’s just personal preference. The peppers and onions were great as was the pizza dough bread, the chili on my wife’s dog was excellent!! Nice spice to it! I will be bringing my son back for sure to try their wings. Great menu, I think this would make an awesome “nosh” food HoDown!

Def recommend giving it a try.

4 Likes

I’m not sure when the next Hot Dog tour is happening, but @JohnFox could fill you in on the details.

1 Like

Looks like Saturday October 14. :slight_smile:

I’m baaaaacckkkk !!! (Told you I genuinely liked this place)

Today was chili slaw dog and mac n cheese with bacon. Both very good although I got the dirty water dogs and I think the grilled or fried would have been better.

5 Likes

Damn those look good. I can’t wait for dans to open when this weather breaks. I’ve got a craving for some chili cheese dogs.

Is that cabbage pickled?

That was chili and “slaw” dog, I assumed it was going to be a creamy contrast to the slightly spicy chili. Obviously it wasn’t a typical slaw, but it wasn’t pickled either, not sure how it’s made but it tastes good!!

Damn…sounds tasty. I think we need a mac n cheese thread! Sound good?

Go for it!!

Done!

Sonny’s will be a stop on the 14th Annual New Jersey Hot Dog Tour October 14.

1 Like

Mr. Fox do you have more details on this 14th annual NJ hot dog tour of which you speak?

1 Like