Somebody Feed Phil - new season

I’ve been a huge fan of Phil Rosenthal’s food programs, but I have to say that I’m not wild about the new season. I’ve watched two episodes so far, Philadelphia and Croatia. The food, as always, looks wonderful, but Phil seems to be acting much more silly and cutesy than in past seasons. I’m not loving his mugging, dancing, giggling, etc. What do you think? I’m sad because I used to look forward to his show.

1 Like

I found his shtick really off-putting initially, then it eventually grew on me. I’ve only watchd the Philly episode from the new season, and it didn’t seem out of the ordinary to me. I don’t “get” RTM, having visited many times, but I’ve been to Kalaya and can attest to their ridic great food, the dumplings in particular. I found Zahav too salty both times I went.

1 Like

Phil Rosenthal is an acquired taste. You either like him or you don’t. What’s been bothering me about the new season is that he seems to be trying to cram two shows of places into one show. Not really getting into as much of each as he used to. Just me, maybe.

1 Like

Me too. He’s having a good time, enjoying the food and people. We should all be so happy.

1 Like

Still beats “Triple D”, but I was worried that he might not be enjoying it as much that season.

I’ll still watch.

I find his enthusiasm generally infectious and it’s nice having an uncompromisingly positive show to hit up these days (it hits much the same target for me as Great British Baking Show).

I think Feed Phil did lose something when his folks died. I appreciate him bringing in his comic friends but it seems like they’re trying to make up for something that can’t easily be done.

5 Likes

Phil makes me happy. I watched the first of the new season last night. He’s a silly, fun escape for an hour, and now I want to go to Philadelphia.