Some foods just don't taste the same any more

And my personal favorite, funny bones :frowning:
kinda tasteless now

1 Like

Do you remember how good drakes cupcakes used to be?

2 Likes

I’m drooling thinking about yankee doodles. Mom used to send me a box of them to camp. And Arnold’s made these great orange cookies - packaged in bags - they were so good!

1 Like

I can’t find a three-pound chicken at any normal supermarket (including Whole Foods). I have to go to a specialty butcher or a farmers market and pay $25. The supermarket chickens are all 5+ pounds, and cost about $10-$12.

1 Like

I know. They are way too big!

And most of what you are paying for is not actually chicken :scream:

2 Likes

It sure doesn’t taste like chicken. It barely has any flavor.

The consistency of the meat bothers me as much as the taste wet mush and check out the sodium in those raw chickens … scary stuff

When it’s raw, supermarket chicken has a weird sliminess I don’t find with heritage breeds or other specialty chickens. It can be disconcerting.

1 Like

I had chicken when we went to Chiboust one time (sadly, Jill,the owner recently died of cancer. Closed the place to pay for medical treatments). It was from an Amish farm. One bite and I said - right, that’s what chicken tastes like - amazing. Chop meat also does not taste the same. Now I buy chopped short rib at De Cisco’s for my burgers. It’s very tasty.

2 Likes

I’m going to make a point of reading the labels of all available brands

Once I had bobolinks grass fed I was ruined for life, no going back. Totally agree about the sad state of supermarket ground beef

Devil Dogs for me! I could eat a whole box in one day, stay skinny.

1 Like

Cadbury Creme Eggs. They were my favorite Easter candy and even after I started low-carbing, I would still have one each year. In the last 10 years or so, though, either my taste buds changed or Cadbury changed, but either way the Creme Eggs are DISGUSTING now. The chocolate is just grainy and sweet, no discernible chocolate flavor, and the fondant center doesn’t flow - it’s just chalky and gross. Sad!

2 Likes

Hershey’s took over Cadbury :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe we just grew out of them? Reminds me of the Billions episode

well that explains things

Ate supermarket eggs since October, 90 cents for a dozen. Thought, yes, real eggs are better, but not 400% of the price better. Coincidentally, or so we thought, our kid stopped eating eggs around the same time.

Bought eggs at the farmers market for $4/dozen last week, just to check and make sure. We finished the whole dozen the same day. Kid’s been asking for eggs every day since. Gladly paid that price for eggs at the farmers market today. I am ashamed for ever doubting.

4 Likes

Lays potato chips . What happened . Same with McDonald’s fries and Filet o Fish . I had a FOF today and thought this is not good . Why ? They forgot to add the cheese and very little tartare sauce .:anguished:

So much better and so much better for you