Some Christians Are Extremely Unhappy About Starbucks' New Holiday Cups

Thanks for posting that, lingua – I was just wondering this morning who (if anyone) all this outrage actually started – because I have yet to hear a single person talking about how the red cups piss them off – the discussion is overwhelming along the lines of WTH is wrong with people? Seriously, a red cup?

Somebody this morning made the comment that it might be a weird social marketing ploy by Starbuck’s themselves…that crossed my mind, too.

If I had a quality camera I could easily capture the expression of all those hundreds, thousands, no hundreds of thousands nameless people being suppressed by Starbucks hostile actions.

Now if you could send a check or money order to me we can get the pilgrimage started! It only takes 3 easy payments of $33.33 made out to Rev. NotJr ministries!

Don’t forget your donation to the Human Fund this year . Happy Festivus .

My conclusion…My New Years Resolution is I need followers.

Didn’t you try to get your own board designated on that other place?:grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would think there would be more outrage over the cost of a cup of Starbuck’s coffee that the design of the cup :confused:

That was that narcissist Jrvedivici I’m NotJrvedivici ! I will succeed!

Saw this on FB today, seems appropriate:

[

]()

5 Likes

Starbucks costs less than the coffee at my neighborhood mom-and-pop coffeeshops.

It’s the same price, more-or-less, as Dunkin’ Donuts.

If it’s too expensive for people, they should most definitely brew their own.

Yeah the house coffee is as low as $1.50ish, or was last time I stopped in. It’s the add-ins and extras that drive up the price, but apparently their straight up coffee is too strong for some tastes.

I actually saw this before and almost posted it here, but worry that this is really a religious topic.

For what it worth, Trump said that we maybe should consider boycotting Starbuck because of it:

No, it’s not too strong – it’s overroasted, harsh, and bitter to the point of being undrinkable.

I only drink strong coffee - but my favored brews are balanced and not harsh or bitter.

2 Likes

Trump says a lot of things!

1 Like

Amen!

Possibly why it has failed to become the market leader in the UK. Possibly why the company has not made any significant attempts to market itself in other European countries.

Starbucks and 8 euro coffees are all the rage in Paris.

I’d walk past 3 Starbucks yo get to a Costa.

[quote=“Harters, post:4, topic:1945”]
With this story, I am, however, at a loss to know what “snowflakes, ornaments and nature scenes” contribute to a representation of religious faith.

I’m with you. They don’t!!!

I so agree. Their coffee is bitter and overroasted. I don’t get the lines out the door to drink it!

Am I the only one who thinks the guy sounds like he’s on some mid-market, Morning Zoo team?

“Hey there gals and gonads, you’re listening to KRKK. Rockin’ all of Greater Tulsa with Steve and the Shart. Oooh-yoweee!”

I mean, you can practically hear the fart noises. . . .

2 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Keurig K-cups

If you got a cup of coffee at Starbucks that was “bitter to the point of being undrinkable”, something was wrong with your coffee. That’s not how their coffee is, typically, and they have lighter roasts for people who don’t like their ‘full city’ roast style.

1 Like