“ SNOW DAY BINGSU CAFE, Glen Cameron, Thornhill “

Continuing to tag along with the kids after dinner, I left my ‘ post-dinner desert fate ‘ in their hands. We ended up one block further up Yonge in another buzzling strip plaza where a Korean Shaved Ice dessert cafe is located.

The products they offer were a real eye-opener for us un-initiated. Instead of their Japanese cousin’s rendition, where the shaved ice were normally doused with techni-color syrups or juices etc. Here, the owners allowed their creativity and imagination to run wild!

The ‘ Tiramisu Bingsu ‘ we ordered was such a fine example. Huge pile of shaved ice soaked in cream, good quality, aromatic espresso coffee, a touch of Amaretto syrup, fine icing sugar powder and covered with cocoa powder dust……and to top it all, crowned with a huge piece of real Tiramisu cake!! Talk about an instagramable product! The other two selections were no slouch either. Black sesame and Green Grapes……the latter meticulously garnished with some super sweet seedless green grapes. To that, a piece of delectable ‘ Basque Cheese Cake ‘ was also added to the mix. Pity I left my bottle of Spanish Pedro Ximenez Sherry at home?! Ha!😉😋

What a delightful finale to cap off a fun and enjoyable evening!

3 Likes