Smokehouse Grille, Wall - BBQ [NJ]

Finally had a chance to try this place…um…not sure. The brisket was very good, but the cornbread was WAY too sweet (made from a mix?), the collards were more like a cup of soup (chicken stock), and the pulled pork had a TON of clove flavor, which I found off-putting, although the texture of the meat itself was beautiful. I got a bite of my friend’s sausage, which was excellent. The young girl working the counter was lovely, but the dripping A/C (I assume) from the center of the ceiling? Notsomuch. It wasn’t even hot this weekend; I can only imagine what that’s like when it’s 90 and humid.

I’d go back for brisket and sausages, but JSBBQ and Local Smoke are still my go-tos in the area.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a current review of this place. Sadly, I haven’t tried it yet. My sons skate at Jersey Shore Arena and it is on my bucket list, but 2020 left a few gifts in my bucket I didn’t even ask for!

If everyone desires to splits 2 pounds of brisket this upcoming week, let me know. Lol. 10 for a pound of smoked brisket is a fantastic deal.