Silly article about things TV chefs say

Funny story about her. Years ago,she came into a restaurant we were eating in with Andrew and his kids. One of the kids ordered pizza but wanted to make sure it was made with REAL cheese. I lost it. :joy:

3 Likes

Accepted and agreed. I was trying to avoid blurring the lines. Mr. Fieri is an idiot. Ms. Ray is only stupid. grin

1 Like

Yeah. $80 million net worth stupid.

4 Likes

Yes.
I didn’t check the numbers, but I can assume most of us would not want to be that “stupid”. Right?

FWIW, “idiot” is fairly well defined.

1 Like

I still think Bob and Susie were at least halfway responsible for the downfall of TFN. They helped build it up and then tore it down with all those competition shows. Self perceived celebrity status due to their job titles went to their heads. But they never fooled me.

And yes, GF & RR are laughing all the way to the bank and will continue to do so.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

They have both profited handsomely from their respective personae, and without (as far as I know) hurting too many people in the process. We should all be such stupid idiots.

5 Likes

In her defense,she is a smart cookie. She built up no career into a booming one. She started at Macy’s. I do have to give her credit for that. BUT - can’t stand her!

1 Like

She hasn’t been on FN for a long time, has she?
I think of her as coming on before Ellen in the afternoon “women’s” shows., not as a TV chef anymore.

I have no idea!

1 Like

Looks like production stopped in 2012 of her 30 Minute Meals show. Although I’m sure there were plenty of reruns after that. Then in April of last year FN announced a revival with 30 new shows. And 10 more in November 2019. I guess they were spacing it out.
So don’t count her out just yet.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The way I hear it she was making gift baskets with her mom with food items . She was starting to get known . Someone had canceled a tv spot for GMA or the Today show . Might have been a local station . Because of a severe snowstorm. She got that call for the spot . She made it to the show. And the rest is history. When opppurtonity knocks jump on it .

3 Likes

Not trying to turn this into a RR thread, but I found this almost two year old NYT article interesting. And to think that her EVOO phrase for extra virgin olive oil was added to the Oxford American Dictionary in 2007.

1 Like

“I’ve enjoyed cooking these dishes. Hope you enjoy eating them. Make sure you have plenty of Gavascon in stock”.

1 Like

Has he ever been a chef? I’m sure I asked about this ages ago - question based on his Wikipedia page which details his career as a restaurant manager and owner but makes no mention of him ever working as a chef.

1 Like

Nope More hotel management early on, and then what you found. He’s a promoter, plain and simple.

1 Like

“…the very best…” and bake it off

2 Likes