Silliness (2018 Thread)

The dog and the scale… I know, right?! It’s infuriating. What’s the point of anything anyway?!

I knew someone would do this.

But I just want coffee?! And why don’t they use sizes “small”, “medium” or “big” etc? In some non-coffee-drinking countries I have to resort to Bigbucks/Charbucks and just say “small” when they ask what size. Or order an “espresso”, which is normal coffee in most coffee-drinking countries.

I don’t like Halls.

And physical wellness as well.

1 Like

On the fence with this one
French humor … Blind date

1 Like

4 Likes

I know where I stand on that one!!!

3 Likes

The waiter vid. Win-win for everyone.

I know exactly where I stand. Coffee, wine, tea, sherry…

1 Like

Why is all this kind of labeling allowed?

They think you don’t notice

The herb/spice robot malfunctioned.

Some kind of pizza? Well, it’s mostly dough. (Also, why is this counter so popular? My counter is exactly like this. It comes with the house I bought.)

And this

6 Likes

All in good fun … no disrespect intended

5 Likes

This is really bad translation. It is by probably by someone using “google translation” or “yahoo translation” without understanding Chinese or English. Not only the English is wrong, but some of the Chinese is wrong too.

Ok so does that make it more “authentic” or less?

1 Like

How to make ramen, how to eat ramen.

2 Likes

^^ Saw this film several times. Still can’t slurp noodles like that. :ramen:

What’s in the coffee at Subway that makes people pass out like this?

Wurst automat/dispenser in Germany

Prawn neck pillow

Do you do this, too? I don’t. Haven’t seen many American cookery programmes. I love watching winter sports and my reaction is usually just being in awe… Ski jumping, luge, skeleton etc.

4 Likes

It’s not the coffee, it’s the smell of the bread. Should be banned by the UN.

3 Likes

Cultural disconnect…no, women don’t watch cooking shows like that. And that’s the point of the cartoon…its saying this is what it would sound like if women watched cooking shows the way men shout at sport.

The only time I did that was the last episode of the Japanese version of Iron Chef that i ever watched when they cut the heads off of two beautiful fat fish, then threw all that lovely fish away and cooked and served the head.

I threw a pillow (what? It’s called a toss pillow for a reason) at the television and changed the channel.

3 Likes

Must be so nasty (re Subway). I ate the sandwich once, just once, in my youth. Guess I was not impressed because I never went back. Back then, as a teenager, I thought I could for ever live on burgers, pizzas, fried chicken and all that kind of foods!

Sunshine, I have shown the cartoon to a few people and they said they have such strong reactions sometimes. I was a bit surprised how easily people could get their knickers in a knot watching a cookery programme.

And your reaction to the fish head meal was very understandable.

3 Likes

1 Like

You can cook meals from other movies as well. Check out the list.

1 Like

The NY Times published a recipe for the Big Night timpano.

A friend made it, and said it was just ok. The Times published an alternative recipe 12 years later.

I just posted this on another thread, we must have all seen it at the same time.
I think it could be so much fun to do or eat with a group, while watching a movie.