Silliness and Food Funnies 2023

Systane is good stuff. I wore extended water lenses for years; loved them. Slept in them. Only took them out to put in a new pair. No problems - until dry eyes. Painful! Correction: eye. Took 3 visits to 3 separate docs at a (cough) world famous eye clinic and about 3 months of tedious routine before it finally resolved a few weeks ago. And now I wear daily wears, which I don’t like nearly as well, but here we are. The extended wears did not cause my dry eye, btw.

1 Like

No contacts here, just all sorts of ‘environmental’ allergies and conditions. Each opthamologist has his opinion on which products work best for me. Some are inexpensive (Johnson’s Baby Shampoo) all the way to suggesting I get plugs inserted into my tear ducts. For now Refresh works fine and if it really gets bothersome some Systane finds it way in there. Thanks for the info you offered.

1 Like

Lid washing/lid wipes, warm compresses, lots of non-preservative drops many times during the day worked for me. I used nighttime ointment, too, but I didn’t like it in spite of being told to use it.

1 Like

We all know the cause of this for me…15+# black, male pussycat. No dry eye on vacation without him. I can’t give him up

4 Likes

Of course not!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m allergic to my dogs and was worse allergic (pardon bad grammar) when I had cats. For me the trick is to not snuggle much, and when I do wash my hands quickly before I inadvertently touch my face.

One of my daughters was having a dry eye problem in an older type of soft contact lens, would actually rub a small abrasion on her cornea, and for several months had tried Systane and others recommended by the clinic to little effect (edit - including that nasty nightly ointment @Meekah). I got the clinic owner to take a look at her and he spent 2 minutes in the room, just chatting, took her to another office and had her sit down and talk with him, again just chatting.

He had videotaped the session and played it back on slowmo, and we found that the one eye almost never fully blinked, so she wasn’t doing a good job of redistributing tearfilm. He had her practice doing a long, slow blink at least a few times a minute until it became ongoing habit and her problem disappeared.

2 Likes

Wow, you never know!

1 Like

15 Likes

Supermarket pet peeve!

1 Like

9 Likes

9 Likes

If only I could make a matzo ball that looked like that …

To me, this is the expression a piece of gefilte fish makes when it realizes it is gefilte fish.

2 Likes

You have a point …

Back to food funnies!

Hmm.

9 Likes

6 Likes

One of my gal pals shared this with me last night, and I damn near peed my pants.

7 Likes

Brilliant. Please share recipe for secret soup.

1 Like

That’s scary. It’s a spot on dead ringer for so many commercials now on the air. Not to mention a perfect ad for Olive Garden. AI has definitely gotten human culture down pat! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You have to be of a certain age to “get” who is portrayed in the cartoon. I qualify …

2 Likes