SFBA: Pizza

I had a Margherita ($17) from Angie’s in the Mission.
TOMATO SAUCE, FRESH MOZZARELLA, BASIL, PARM ($17)

A very good pizza - thin crust cheese pizza with a basil oil drizzle.

The Mission was lit tonight. Go Niners!

6 Likes

NY slices from Arinell, downtown Berkeley.

The crust was a little thicker than usual, but the sauce/cheese proportions were just right.

4 Likes

Cellermaker House of Pizza,
Al Pastor, marinated chopped pork, pineapple, onion cheese cilantro- excellent with a couple dabs of their homemade hot sauce. Their salads a really good too.

4 Likes

Marg from Flour + Water in north beach. A+

6 Likes

Gaspare’s on Geary SF
That is some seriously old school red sauce joint, frozen in time. I hadn’t been in years.

4 Likes

Starting today, February 15, famed North Beach pizzeria Tony’s Pizza Napoletana is offering a new pizza tasting menu that takes diners on a world tour of seven styles. The Pizza Around the World Tasting Experience menu costs $500 for the table, which can accommodate up to six diners — though you’re welcome to try to tackle seven pizzas with fewer people if you want. Seatings will be available Wednesday through Sunday at 5, 7, and 9 p.m. and for those who want to avoid waiting for a seat at the ever-popular restaurant, note that you can make a reservation for this experience.

It’s a lot of food, pizzaiolo Tony Gemignani warns, adding that for years, customers have been asking for a way to taste the many pizza styles offered at his eponymous restaurant. “So, I kinda finally did it after nearly 15 years,” he says with a laugh.

3 Likes

Today I had a Margherita from Tony’s Pizza Napoletana in North Beach, SF. It’s easier to get a seat here at 3pm on a Tuesday than on the weekend :joy:

Apparently only 73 are made a day, I wonder what number mine was.

I quite enjoyed it - it had a nice thin tender crust with nice leoparding. It came sliced.

3 Likes

Long way from, yet close to, Castro Valley roots !

1 Like

He is going back to his roots. Supposed to be opening a Slice House in Castro Valley this year.

1 Like

Yup, in the Castro Valley Market on the Boulevard, only a couple of miles from me.

Very fitting. Godspeed.