SFBA: Pizza

Cool. Sounds like a good plan thanks for the tip!

The spinach and mushroom one is really good too.

As a general rule I don’t like chicken on pizza, but Little Star’s deep dish Mediterranean Chicken is my favorite, with chicken, artichoke hearts, onions, feta, green olives and red bell pepper.

3 Likes

Love artichoke hearts on pizza

1 Like

Just to be clear, I was using the Caesar dressing not so much because the pizza was sub-par, but more because the dressing is that addictive.

Although I will say, I do think the crust is a bit too dense for my liking, but that’s neither here nor there.

Maximum density achieved on the carne special.

We had a work lunch at the new Square Pie Guys at Ghirardelli Square. Not a great fan of the thick crust styles in general, especially when there’s tons of cheese, but if you like Detroit-style pizza the quality is very good. A bit frou-frou, though–one of my colleagues couldn’t get a Diet Coke to drink.

1 Like

I had Square Pie Guys Saturday night (Mission St.), second time I’ve had it. It’s good but I prefer Cellarmaker House of Pizza’s Detroit style more.
We wanted to go to Montesacro Pinsa but they were jammed.

2 Likes

I liked it

3 Likes

This is about as San Francisco as it gets.

1 Like

“described the joint as having a pleasant herbal flavor”

better not be fucking oregano!

1 Like

Ha ha - probably sprinkled in there for a better pairing.

ha! I like this approach better tho than ruining a pizza (and the weed) by baking it together. Tony’s makes good stuff. Good for them.

Where to find delicious — but illegal — pot pizza in LA - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Marijuana Pizza Has Arrived in L.A. - LA Weekly

I had a slice of Golden Boy clam & garlic :+1: this weekend in the rain in North Beach, SF. Apparently they are takeout only now and no longer open late.

7 Likes

I love it there, usually get the regular cheese pizza. hopefully they’ll reopen inside too … that clam looks nice i like the stringy cheese action…that’s a regular on my walking and eating tour of north beach and chinatown. Nice to see your photos!

2 Likes

North Beach nightlife never recovered to pre-covid highs. I remember the streets being wild after 11pm thurs-saturday. I was a constant fixture at The Devil’s Acre from 2018-2020. A little absurd but I never got Golden Boy’s late night back then. Line was always too long and I loathed waiting for food after work (line cooking). We always got: new sun, taqueria zorro, sam wo or buster’s. Sometimes the food at The Showdown was good if we got there before the kitchen closed. Mannnn those were the days….Saturday night pregaming with bottles of wine that wouldnt last the weekend. Drinking with the bar crew after hours…and stumbling home in the wee hours of the mornin.

2 Likes

I had to stare at your post for over a minute . Fckkkn pandemic. Sad news. I love north beach .

FWIW, The Devil’s Acre is still open.

Angie’s, new place on 16th in the Mission. Owner worked at Pizza Hacker and Pizetta 211. Super thin crust, slightly floppy, wood fired oven. Good, the pepperoni has spicy honey and the margherita had a drizzle of basil.
Birite Double 8 Dairy water Buffalo soft serve appetizer - so, so good.

5 Likes

Lookin good !
Water Buffalo milk/cream?

Yes! highly recommended if you ever see it listed, its has a unique rich flavor.