Searzall Pro Now Available

$120 for the Pro, $60 for original.

https://www.bookeranddax.com/searzall-series

Frankly, I’d put the second $60 toward the 8000 torch head and anti-tip base.

Is the argument that the Pro is larger and more even heating? How do you like your original?

I think the argument is that the Pro’s larger screen covers more area. The head’s angle has also been changed to make it more ergonomic to hold the screen parallel to the food in use.

I like the original just fine. The head output from the torch head is the same, either way. The Pro may not have to be moved around quite as much.

The things to remember about these are: (1) they can be real fire hazards; and (2) while powerful, they are less powerful than many people expect. I consider them to be excellent finishing tools.

Lotta bucks for a diffuser? I do my own copper piping, can’t I figure out how to make a diffuser for my torch?

LoL.

You work with palladium wire? If you’re handy with metal, maybe you could make a facsimile of a Searzall for $100.

I understand the idea of the idea of using palladium is to catalyze the exhaust so to remove what chefs call “torch taste”. That and delaying the mesh burning out.

1 Like

The idea of the Searzall is interesting, but it seems that you could get the same result under a hot broiler without the taste of fuel.

For cooking and flavouring from the top down, we use a version of the flambadou.. It makes food delicious.

Yes, you could. But it’s hard to see and a PITA to manage separately-fired or -finished portions. The Searzall is very easy to use, and like a Flambadou, you can be flaming one side with it while the other side is grilling or frying. And it does away with torch taste.

Would I rather have a good salamander? Yes, please! But I’d still find uses for the Searzall.

I bet it does. I definitely get the flavoring part, but do you cook with this tool alone?