Saveur Magazine

I liked her in Emma and Sliding Doors. I can still enjoy them in spite of her goop BS. The candle is silly, some of her health advise is dangerous.

3 Likes

Agree on all counts.

1 Like

“The film’s virus seems a lot worse, for one thing. Six characters die in the first 12 or so minutes. One of them is [Gwyneth Paltrow. When a pair of doctors cut her skull open, they peer inside with bewilderment that radiates through their layers of protective gear. One asks, “Should we tell somebody?” And the other replies: “Tell everybody.””

Personally, I’ve had enough of GP talk for one night.

1 Like

Your eyes, your choice. View elsewhere.

OK just for you I’ll put it back on topic. I liked Saveur for the travel stories and the photography but mostly because they taught me to make and roll out pot sticker type dough.

1 Like

I was talking about me. Nobody else. Carry on.

I understand. I hated that I wrote the name of her site because it was just going to potentially send it more traffic. I considered editing it out.

1 Like

It’s baaaaack! In my email today

Thanks for posting this. I got it in today’s email too. I loved the original Saveur but I have no confidence that this will be anything like it. And at $25 an issue even at twice a year? I think I may wait to see how it all turns out.

If you can read elementary French, you would enjoy SAVEURS MAGAZINE, totally separate from but similar intellectual level as our SAVEUR. I have found that if you are familiar with a subject, in this instance cooking, it is fairly easy to understand/learn a foreign language.

Merci!

Oui! ( I’m wanting to say "yes; thank you!)

Welp, I just learned a new term. “Le Batchcooking”. Thank you, Saveurs. I had to Google it.

2 Likes

For anyone interested in subscribing to SAVEURS, there is a sale on now. I subscribe through FNAC and find it seamless. I also heartily endorseCuisine et Vins de France.

1 Like

I am in 100% agreement with you. The only fun part was making fun of the remaining issues, the friend who kept my Saveur subscription up for my birthday and I did that a lot. I think JG wanted to be Martha Stewart.
I personally wanted to be Queen Elizabeth II. /s

1 Like

I am now checking out the current mags on “Libby”, the library app!

2 Likes

My library offers Flipster, I get New Yorker and Bon Appetit.

2 Likes

Is flipster an app for magazines?

Yes but I have to sign up for it through SF Public Library. You can see if your library offers something like this.

3 Likes

Here’s a link

https://saveur.createsend1.com/t/y-e-mlrjuik-ddjihrdjud-jy/

1 Like