Salmon Inspiration!

Thank you! I should have tried that with one piece tonight.

FWIW, here is the 3650th picture of the one I make every week, along with the glaze of honey, butter, lemon juice, chili flake, and liquid smoke, that keeps quite well.

5 Likes

I usually give leftover salmon the tuna salad treatment - flake, add mayo and herbs/seasonings of choice, stir and eat. For salmon, that’s usually some combo of avocado, dill, jalapeno, cilantro, coriander, red onion, capers, lemon, etc. Since we are low carb I sometimes pile it into a raw red bell pepper (halved/hollowed) for an easy handheld meal.

7 Likes

Perfect.

I buy a can of salmon, 14.5 oz., and use it on a near weekly basis: $6 for 14 oz. of healthy, tasty protein is quite a bargain.

I roast from a collection of roots that include small golden potatoes, acorn squash, sweet potato, and yams. I separately steam 7 or 8 asparagus spears.

When they’re ready, I add all or part of the can of salmon, broken into bite sized chunks.

Cooking wizardry is now up to you. If I have a batch already made, a Hollandaise sauce works wonders.

Ray

1 Like

I eat salmon almost daily.

And I always pan-fry them (skin side down first).

With leftovers (assuming I have any :slight_smile: ), I take some naan, add a good healthy thick smear of Greek Yogurt, and top it with Salmon and some capers. And then just chow down.

5 Likes

I use the skinny flap from leftover grilled salmon to make Salmon Niçoise Salad

4 Likes

I love the skinny flap!

2 Likes

Salmon cakes or croquettes are a good change of pace too, an egg, panko, onion bell pepper, whatever you like and bake/airfry/pan fry to your heart’s content (for the cakes at least, I don’t often make croquettes)

3 Likes

Ooo! I can use my pork panko!

81SPqj1ZbUL.SX679

5 Likes

You can also use Chinese pork floss.

3 Likes

Yum.

…….

Probably making this tonight https://www.seriouseats.com/miso-glazed-salmon-in-the-toaster-oven-recipe

2 Likes

Two favorites. In the PNW we would split it down the middle and stuff it with slices of onion and bell pepper and let it sit a couple of hours. Then we would grill it over an alder wood fire, skin side down until almost cooked and then finished on the other side. Eat one half hot for dinner. Have the second half cold with capered mayonnaise.

Poached and napped with capered beurre blanc.

Yes, salmon and capers have a wonderful affinity.

4 Likes

Love salmon cooked on a soaked alder wood plank on the grill - so good.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oohing, I want to make this.

1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes

I once made Coulibiac for my wife to take to work for some function; it was a lot of work. She told me that the people there enjoyed it, but I reacted in horror when about a week later she told me that there were still leftovers in the fridge at work (it was large), and people were still eating it.

1 Like

Some people haven’t heard about the 3 Day Rule. :joy:

1 Like

Simple salmon or steelhead filets: Before grilling or broiling, baste top side of the portions with Yoshida’s
original sauce. Baste a few times during cooking and watch so it doesn’t over caramelize and char on top. Serve along side with jasmine rice and grilled, wilted baby bok choy (using some of the sauce to baste).