Salmon Inspiration!

Sounds amazing. I just ordered some.

2 Likes

This will be great for an upcoming brunch! Does the salmon need to be a certain thickness or better wild vs farmed?

Substituted clementines for oranges, pecans for pistachios, omitted the yogurt

5 Likes

It looks pretty wonderful, and I’m sure those ingredients complimented the salmon. We’re you happy with the result?

1 Like

Very happy! Definitely recommend it!

1 Like

Excellent - thanks! I’ve saved the recipe. Totally dinner party worthy too, if anyone has those anymore? Dunno.

1 Like

The first time I made it was using a big old Costco slab of salmon, which worked great. Subsequently I’ve used various smaller pieces of salmon, both wild and farmed. So I think any will work, just adjust cooking time based on thickness.

4 Likes

It is really amazing…Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Going the beurre blanc route tonight

How was it? It looks really tasty. I have leeks on hand was all set to put that on the menu tonight when I found out my seafood-loathing son will be stopping by for dinner. I mean I love him and all but…seafood…

1 Like

I ended up using the leeks, tomatoes, white wine, omitting the thyme, adding fresh basil and fresh dill, and, roasted it- so a completely different dish, but we liked it!

Wine, butter, leeks, lemon, tomatoes, herbs and salmon work well together :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well someone try this would you please

The Most Foolproof Way to Cook Fish? The Microwave.
This appliance can turn out perfectly cooked salmon in less than 10 minutes.

The gist of it:

This easy approach to poached salmon turns out buttery, flawless fish. The trick to getting domino-fall flakes of salmon? Microwave it in a simple saltwater solution at full power and let it rest for an equal amount of time before serving.

This formula was developed in a 1000-watt microwave that boils one cup of cold tap water in 2 minutes.

1 Like

the comments on Instagram under that post are hilarious.

i eat microwaved cod once a week and love it. thick fillet dotted with plenty of butter and seasoned very very liberally with old bay. cover the casserole dish with a lid, nuke for 4 minutes.

what can i say, heathen.

3 Likes

“I’m not gonna try it—you try it!”…“Let’s get Mikey”… “he hates everything”

3 Likes

4 mins? 4 mins in my microwave will kill even chicken, but that’s probably the power. I like that they gave the time for water boiling, because that’s actually useful to calibrate.

Poaching probably works well, actually. Edges won’t dry out.

I don’t knock things like this after I tried microwave steamed eggs I originally saw on NYT a while back and it pretty much worked as promised.

This one

1 Like

You’re hilarious :laughing:

It’s a very old microwave, like from the 90s. It has a fraction of a fraction of the power of a contemporary nuker.

3 Likes

I would do it, but I don’t want my microwave smelling like salmon.

2 Likes

My cousin’s husband microwaved about 10 lbs of fish my cousin’s brother ice-fished out of the lake less than 2 h before, on New Year’s Day 2000. He put all the fish fillets in a big Tupperware bowl, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and zapped them.

The cabin filled with the fragrance of locally caught microwaved fish.
:joy:

Why on Earth did Don destroy 10 lbs of fresh fish?

(Fried in butter would have been the better way)

Thank God my ice- fishing cousin’s 2nd wife brought won ton soup and her amazing spring rolls, otherwise we would have starved. Unfortunately, my ice fishing cousin’s 3rd/current wife isn’t a good cook. :joy:

Interesting review of lots of different cooking methods

2 Likes