Round the World Dining. . .6 stops...where would you go?

Harters, love how you roll . .

Solid…

1 Like

We were in Cusco probably 15 years ago. The altitude was only an issue for me the first day. And we had cuy aka guinea pig! Don’t miss it.

1 Like

Won’t touch that stuff but glad you enjoyed it…
They say that in the last 5+ years that Cusco has really stepped up its game to one of the best new places to eat in SA.

I hear that coco puff leaves help with altitude sickness…:sunglasses:

Why won’t you try it???

We were given the coca leaves upon arrival. We’d just walk around for a couple of hours and then lie down. Repeat. As I said, by the following morning all was well.

So, not a fantasy trip, but what I’ve already done. So I don’t really need to do it anymore. I was the ship psychologist, and an educator giving seminars on global cuisine, on a cruise ship based University called Semester at Sea, that went around the world every semester, three semesters a year. (Now they only do Fall and Spring.)

A typical semester would visit 14-16 countries from the following Ports of Call.

Africa: Canary Islands, Egypt, Ghana, Mauritius, Morocco, Namibia, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia

Asia: Burma, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, Việt Nam

Europe: Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden

The Americas & Caribbean: Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nova Scotia, Panama, Peru, United States, Uruguay

2 Likes

This has been in the back of my mind, and I can’t seem to get out of Asia, even with places I haven’t been. Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Yangon … Greece or Turkey would be interesting, as well as Scandinavia or Montreal.

1 Like

I don’t eat meat and I’ve had guinea pigs as pets.
:yum:

Oh, you’re a vegetarian! Well, that answers the question :slight_smile:

Love my :fish:

Sorry. Pescatarian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Istanbul
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Hong Kong
Tokyo
Mexico City

2 Likes

oooh, good list!

1 Like

Totally concur.

My island hoping round the world stops…

Honolulu
Moorea, Tahiti
Auckland, New Zealand
Bali
Capri, Italy
Castries, St. Lucia

:palm_tree::hibiscus::sunrise:

A mix of places I have been and can’t imagine not going to again on such a fantasy trip, and new places:
Mexico City
San Francisco
Milan
Paris
Sydney
Chicago

1 Like

Chicago
New York, NY
Dublin
Paris
Cape Town
Shanghai

Sure would like to include Mumbai, Bologna, and Warsaw in that group.

2 Likes

Vietnam- nuanced SE Asian flavors
Hong Kong- great place to sample various Chinese cuisines
Tokyo- loads of varieties of Japanese food that don’t make it elsewhere in the world
India- explosion of spices and flavors, maybe the northern part of the country + Goa since I can’t handle the spice level from the south.
Lebanon- haven’t been but I heard middle eastern fares are strong there
I’ll cheat a bit for the last one: FRITES: France, Italy, Spain