Round the World Dining. . .6 stops...where would you go?

Sushi heaven and more. This recent piece sums up my feelings on Tokyo almost exactly. No matter how often I visit, I am always ready to go back.

http://luckypeach.com/why-tokyo-is-the-worlds-best-food-city-david-chang/

1 Like

I read that article and was intrigued.

Have to pay to see :frowning:

Out of LAX to:
Tokyo
Kuala Lumpur (I can’t get enough of the food there)
Bali
Turkey
Spain
New Orleans
Back to LAX

1 Like

Well I guess maybe I don’t feel so bad … interesting tidbit

“According to Rankin, roughly 88 percent of the world’s population lives in the Northern Hemisphere, with about half north of 27 degrees north.”

Sorry Mama…
I don’t know why its not a pay site for me…
Google top 100 2015 Jonathan Gold see if you can weasel around the pay wall…

:tongue:

Here is a website that gives you an idea on cost and cities…
Really not that expensive…since I spent almost $800 pp to get from SAN to ATL.
http://around-the-world.com/Airfare/rtw1.htm

I hear you Jase…

Thanks. Got in using this link http://guides.latimes.com/101-best-restaurants-map-jonathan-gold/

1 Like

What a great site! I’m a bit of a travel junkie :slight_smile:

Just gets you thinking that for around $2500+ you can go all around the world and I love to travel and eat too…
:sunglasses:

I haven’t dug into that site (yet) but it would be great if you could perhaps book your outbound and return flights to begin with and leave the rest open…til you’ve eaten your way through a particular place :slight_smile:

If meal budget isn’t a consideration…

Copenhagen
Lima, Peru
New York
California
Spain
Taiwan

2 Likes

We’re going to be in Copenhagen in December. Before we go I’ll pick your and others’ brains. I’ve already eliminated Noma. I just can’t bring myself to bite that $$$ bullet. But I understand lots of their food is outstanding.

1 Like

I’m not too sure I want to visit Noma, I have been to a Noma “style” restaurant, and was lukewarm, not sure it was my cup of tea. Anyway, dream on… nice topic

2 Likes

Next year we’re trekking thru Peru and it really has come around on the food scene…especially in Cusco area, which I’m excited to see.
Friends were there about 5-6 years ago and they know and love their food and they were not impressed with the choices then…they did mention the altitude played a major factor in their hunger , as well as the headaches…
Mexico City when I lived their briefly, you forget its up there and you really do need to adjust if your living at sea level.

That will be a great trip!
I’m Swedish by proxy and need to get up to the Northern European Countries…
I’m sure you’ll find some lively places to dine that don’t have the noma price tag.
If I go to those fancy pants places, I’m more comfortable having drinks and apps in the bar…unless, someone is buying…then I’m all in, baby!!

1 Like

OK- here goes.

New Orleans
San Francisco
Tokyo
Shanghai
Cape Town
Paris

1 Like

FWIW, the BBC Good Food magazine (to which we subscribe) has recently run a similar survey with the following results:

Rome
New York
London
Paris
Barcelona
Hong Kong
Mumbai
Sydney
Bologna
Penang

1 Like