Rory’s Pub, Sea Bright NJ

Yeah our experience was during the off season and we were literally the only table in the place.

2 Likes

Yup. Stupid me. Lol.
Seeing how they treated employees it makes sense that they can’t attract/keep good talent this time of year. When every FOH person is a teen or early twenties individual it usually means trouble.
I mean 20 min after we finished the apps someone finally came by to bus our table but expected us to hand them the dishes to bus. Left after taking less than half the dishes never to be seen again. Waitress had to bus the rest herself before Runner brought first of four rounds of mains.

2 Likes

It takes forever to get a drink there even if you are the only one there. Zero sense of urgency. Go to Val’s instead. Bartenders there hate an empty glass.

2 Likes

I was thinking same thing at one point. But we wanted to sit outside last night and only few places to do so and be able to make reservations less then a week out. Didn’t think red Rocks would be viable without reservations so that’s how our night went to sh$t. And it’s a shame bc setup is nice and food was good and prices decent ESP for SB

anyone been lately? Don’t think we’ll ever go back unless I hear service has been significantly improved.

We were there Sunday watching the stupid Giants. Wings…fine, one for a dollar. Burger, acceptable, but not a destination burger. However, there is something about the bar. It is possibly the longest contiguous bar in NJ…and possibly longer than Hussong’s in Ensenada Mexico. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

The sign in front of Rory’s says “Rory’s Pub and Chop House” , which I’m pretty sure is new. I wonder what they are chopping.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s the wait time to get a drink that’s getting chopped

I work with someone who bartends there part time. I’ll see what I can find out.

3 Likes

So the intel is that they are adding a new menu with steaks and chops to have along with their regular bar menu.

2 Likes

Since @gcaggiano has brought this back up, if they still run that happy hour wing special I would be down for checking this place out again. I enjoyed my first / only trip.

3 Likes

Sounds like it could be interesting with the new menu… And it is still the off season

{{sudden whisper voice: If you organize it, they will come}}

2 Likes

Nothing like a nicely poured pint at a legit pub with a fantastic menu and solid specials. Monday night $10 burgers, and Tuesday Night $20 chop night…20 oz veal, pork, or lamb, a fantastic deal.

8 Likes

And don’t forget the awesome live music and trivia night🙏🏻

4 Likes

Rory’s has been sold to new owners, who I am told are going for a German Biergarten, which, although I’ll miss Rory’s, doesn’t sound like a terrible idea.

1 Like

Interesting concept. The one in Asbury cleans up. I’ll wait to see here if the word is positive once they convert. I had perhaps my worst experience from a service perspective there. Hopefully that gets cleaned up

1 Like

Rory’s is now The Brothers Daley and it is gorgeous, Soft opening last night, full on opening next Thursday.

4 Likes

For bourbon folks, I saw a post of some of the bottles (as you can see, there are many). The selection looks pretty good. Pricing to be seen.

2 Likes

Not cheap but nothing is. Cocktails 16-18. Bourbons run 14-22 ish. Food prices are going to be challenging in my opinion

3 Likes