Rod's Sea Girt [NJ]

Rod’s has been bought by Chef’s International. This gives them 13 restaurants.

1 Like

Interesting. I’m not a huge fan of the Chef’s International portfolio of restaurants but then I’m not a huge fan of Rod’s either. Even though the menus are essentially the same I prefer Frankie’s in Pt Pleasant

1 Like

Is/was the Sea Girt Rod’s affiliated with the Rod’s in Convent Station? I’ve always wondered…

If memory serves me correctly wasn’t Chef’s International originally owned by Robert Brennan? Funny I just saw a billboard for a business that has (unknowingly?) resurrected his old slogan from First Jersey Securities; " Come grow with us"…

I think it was originally owned by the Convent Station one. But, not recently.

Many years ago it was considered THE place to go for Steak. But, not in a long while. And, the bar was a big Friday night hangout for the older crowd.

1 Like

Thanks…the look of the place is very similar to what Rod’s looked like years ago, so that makes sense–as does the part about the older crowd, as the NNJ one attracts that crew as well.

1 Like

Well - you got me to wondering too so I googled it and found a 1995 SEC filing. I didn’t take the time to read all the legal mumbo-jumbo but Brennan’s does figure prominently.

http://www.secinfo.com/dsd2c.ac.htm

1 Like