Rice Noodles

Hi. Based on your reply, it seems you meant to include a list, but I don’t see it. Thanks for sharing.

Since being scolded for sharing, i am out of this thread. The OP is out of line.

5 Likes

Oh I am sorry to hear. I now noticed. Sorry about this. It shouldn’t be like this.

Scolded?? I asked for the information I wanted not the information you provided.
With all due respect . Don’t take it personal

Hi everyone, mod here, stepping in to remind everyone to please remain civil. Also, some thread drift is to be expected on a discussion forum, so please just ignore posts that aren’t of interest to you. Thanks!

2 Likes

If all you wanted was recipes for rice noodles, writing about diabetes in the OP was unnecessary.

If other people reply to parts of the OP you wrote but didn’t want a response to, the post didn’t go off the rails.

You just decided you didn’t like the responses, which you are free to ignore.

This wasn’t even thread drift, but there’s a whole thread about when threads drift.

5 Likes

@Dean would you please share the list for the rest of us? Thank you!

@Dean has posted as a separate post. A pretty interesting list. (Longer than most I have seen).

3 Likes

Right :wink:
Rice noodles:
You can use them in a couple of ways:

• Soak in water till soft, rinse. They can now be used for stir fry without extra cooking
  • Boil for all sort of more liquid recipes.

Cook/fry whatever protein, onions, garlic, veges. Add soy sauce (or fish sauce or oyster sauce), add your soaked rice noodles. Cook for a couple more minutes and done. The sky is the limit

Boil water, hard boil
Add some onion & garlic & red curry paste (or yellow, or green). Cook 2-3 minutes or so. Add lime leaves if you have, tomato, lemon juice, maybe some coconut milk.
Add your noodles to the broth and eat when noodles are soft

Check some of the Thai/Vietnamese/Malay/Indonesian cooking blogs. There should be loads on there.

@OP the people here are just trying to help and are worried about your well being :wink:

3 Likes

This one is simple and I love it. Pretty much a simple salad, but makes for a great lunch.

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you so much

I mean you’re the one who brought up having to manage your diabetes. You did not “just ask for a rice noodles recipe.”

Thankfully, our helpful members have supplied you with those, too. Flies n honey n all dat…

3 Likes

I brought up the health concerns because I wanted ingredients that would be compatible for my situation. If you really want to know.
I have found a few that work & consider my activity in this thread closed.

I was wondering the same thing.

According Harvard University, the glycemic index of rice noodles is 53±7 compared to spaghetti at 49±2.

Glycemic index for 60+ foods - Harvard Health

1 Like

I wonder if shirataki noodles would suit the OP’s needs.

Doubtful. See to reference to “substitutes” in the OP.

Yes, i agree.

But just throwing it out there to see if it sticks …

1 Like

If the rice noodles stick to the ceiling, they’re cooked.

3 Likes