Rewatching Top Chef

With my latest (of dozens) re-watch, I decided “I miss my offspring” followed by a phone call to said baby, sounded the loudest death knell.

2 Likes

That’s where I got my list!!! Oh, and season 3 - Casey talking to the camera about who she has gotten close with!! Death knell for them!

1 Like

With this latest relapse, I went over my Xfinity data plan limit. I didn’t even know I had a data plan limit!

3 Likes

Oh boy! I didn’t watch them in any order, so I’m not sure where I am!

It seems so many of the contestants never watched the show and make the same stupid mistakes repeatedly. Is this just me?

2 Likes

I often find myself talking to the tv, saying…don’t you watch Top Chef?!

2 Likes

Or don’t you watch any cooking contest show? It seems you cannot make X in Y minutes.

But as they say ; it looks much easier from where we sit.

3 Likes

Interesting that in season one, judges discussed past dishes of those on the bottom of the challenge not just the one dish. BTW - good call replacing Katie Lee with Padma.

1 Like

Best. Decision. EVER.

2 Likes

Lol, good list. I would also add, anytime a cheftestant talks about a sure thing dish that they can make in their sleep or that they know like the back of their hand, therefore spending their time on the other component means that sure thing dish is going to suck. This will put them at minimum at the bottom and at risk of leaving.

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

"Carrie - the camping episode. "

That episode made me such a fan of Carrie! And then I grew to respect her even more. Loved when Joe Mustache was stunned when, after shed lost her protein to Joe Flamm she still won - with toast “She won with toast. Again!”

But it was also cuz she knew flavors and texture. And then she went on to Beat Bobby Flat - and beat him - with toast! So yay her : )

2 Likes

[quote=“Happybaker, post:92, topic:19236”]
with toast!

It was FANCY toast!

3 Likes

It was indeed! : )

Great article link, btw.

1 Like

Interesting to read this - built into their contract!

“The Denver star has two years of traveling and appearance-making per her agreement with the television show…”

3 Likes

Here’s another - the chef on the tram says they try to express their ideas but no one listens. In the end they decide to be a team player. Bye bye!

3 Likes

There’s also the everyone doing their own thing team scenarios that often results in kitchen and serving chaos. Someone feels like "no one is stepping up, so s/he make a half-assed attempt to lead (read: be curt, start ordering people around, and proclaim himself/herself the lead since no one claimed the title) . When the team loses said team competition or RW, this person will call BS on everyone for not stepping up, and feels like he is falling on the sword when the chef is “auf-ed” for the poor team dynamics and results. Ha, we can go on forever.

3 Likes

Anthony Bourdain on CJ’s broccoli “ they were cleaning Bob Marley’s house and found this hanging in the closet.” :grin:

3 Likes

Where have I been? I just found out that season 1 host Katie Lee was married to Billy Joel. I guess I never knew her last name.

2 Likes

So, I’m on season 5 - Leah makes me sick

1 Like