Rewatching Top Chef

Does anyone know when the collaboration with Whole Food started? I started with Season One again, and feel like they referenced some other store before season four.

Iā€™m watching season 15 - Colorado. I have a few things, now that I am through a few episodes:

Fatima - Iā€™d forgotten what a great personality she had!
Carrie - the camping episode. What a trooper! Helped everyone and made a bloody oven in the snow!
Tonya vs Claudette (Ms. Blue Lipstick) - Olympics episode. Claudette kind of strong armed Tonya into taking the precision round which Tonya was not happy with. But she didnā€™t say anything. Claudette was doing speed and kept asking Tonya for help, and Tonya did help but she kept getting pulled away from her knife cuts, which needed to be precise. When T asked C for help in her time, C did not seem like she was helping. So thatā€™s the way it was edited. The first time I saw it, I was team Tonya. But watching it again the other chefs were clearly upset with Tonya and I realized that Claudette was upset that T never said precision was not her thing (clearly). So once again, I think maybe the editing team gave us the villain they wanted to. I hope that made sense. Itā€™s early and my mind seems to explain better than me!

Edited to say in the segment the following day what they showed the chefs talking about the previous challenge it was all about how Claudette threw Tonya under the bus. In fact, they keep talking about it. I was right Iā€™m the first place. Team Tonya!

2 Likes

Sung to the tune of " O come, o come, Emmanuel."

ā€œO comeā€¦o comeā€¦Top Chef 2-oh-2-ohā€¦shall COME to you ohā€¦ā€

1 Like

Not a rabid fan, but I do love me some Donovan! And yes, itā€™s a Donovan reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the Allmans sampled the Donovan song

No fair! I donā€™t get it!

ETA. Nevermind. Looked it up.

1 Like

Oy! This season 9 parts were the tickets and the sous. Iā€™m thinking"jump the shark".

Wasnā€™t it Tonya that said ā€œDonā€™t put that on me, Padma!ā€

I believe so

Iā€™m confused. But then that is my natural state.

1 Like

Iā€™m confusing. Thatā€™s my natural state.
ā€œOy! This season 9 parts were the tickets and the sous. Iā€™m thinking"jump the sharkā€.
was supposed to say "Oy! This season 9 parts with the bike riding and the skiing. Iā€™m thinking ā€œjump the sharkā€.

3 Likes

Oh, gotcha. Texas?

1 Like

Yes. Gah!

That was the worst season. And the only one I will not re-watch. Terrible challenges, and, for the most part, I did not like the chefs.

4 Likes

I quit somewhere in the middle of the season and I live in Texas.

4 Likes

I just finished re-watching TC Boston. For some reason,the word ā€œhuitlacocheā€ wonā€™t get out of my mindā€¦

3 Likes

The below link gives you an update on what all of the upcoming Top Chef All Stars are currently up to.

2 Likes

Rewatching the season with Fatima, and found this.

Top Chefā€™ Contestant Fatima Ali on How Cancer Changed the Way She Cooks

Things the person who has to PYKAG says during the last episode:

I miss my family
Iā€™m going to make a risotto
Itā€™s my birthday
I got the ready made sausages
Iā€™ll be the executive chef
I know itā€™s a risk but Iā€™m going to do a whole foie gras
Iā€™m on Antoniaā€™s team

Iā€™m sure there are more!

5 Likes

Risotto is the number one killer in my book.

There is also front of house.

3 Likes