Rewatching Top Chef

Wasn’t Carla in two seasons? I thought she went pretty far once. Anyway, I see Carla in so much media, I wonder if Top Chef worked out better for her than the actual winner.

I don’t remember her being in any other seasons

She was in two seasons - Season 5, where she was 1st runner up (along with Stefan Richter as 2nd runner up) and Season 8, the All-Stars, where she came in 5th place.

1 Like

Not that Carla. The loud mouth Carla who was married to the guy from Rao’s. She was in season 10 Seattle for about 3 episodes

1 Like

I had honestly forgotten about her. LOL Yeah, she went out pretty quickly at #15 out of 18 in that season.

https://www.carlapellegrino.com/about-chef-carla/

3 Likes

Yep. She was a handfull!

1 Like

I don’t remember which season it was, but my favorite Bourdain TC memory was him calling Marcel’s dessert a perfect s*storm of fking awfulness

1 Like

Welcome! Love your handle. Are you a Donovan fan?

1 Like

I always associated that with the Allman Brothers’ “Mountain Jam.”

Hmm. We’ll see what mountain had in mind,

So, after re-watching season14 I remembered that there is something about Brooke that rubs me the wrong way. I’m not sure what, but I remember feeling that way when I watched it the first time and nothing has changed.

1 Like

For me, it’s not that she rubs me; it’s not something she does, it’s more like something she DOESN’T do. I think she doesn’t make me feel interested or engaged.

Maybe that’s it. But I also feel like she feels entitled to win. I don’t know, but at least she won’t be a chef testa this again.

2 Likes

I’m watching Season 1 again. It’s good.
Oh come.
When will the next season BE here???

1 Like

Oh, how annoying was that wine guy, whose name escapes me right now? Next season won’t be until spring :frowning:

1 Like

Stephen Asprinio. Irritating as shit.

4 Likes

How could I forget?

3 Likes

… and not the least bit arrogant.

3 Likes

Season 3 is not bad. CJ, Hung, and Jennifer, not to mention Melarchy, Dale Levitsjy, Sarah Mair, and Tre !

2 Likes

I like that one. I’m on 15 now. Good food, no drama. Bears.

2 Likes