Restaurants Lost to the Pandemic................NJ Edition

I don’t think they were ever really able to make a full go of it at the highlands location. Just a feeling I get from some reviews and from what I saw…I stinks but it think its a totally different ballgame in a spot on the water with a big bar scene…
Hopefully they keep the food truck going - would be a cool addition- at least maybe in the summer?

1 Like

I’m not a fan of LaRosa’s really…one too many stale items.

1 Like

I noticed the name change last night but a lot of the people from last year were the same so I didn’t think about ownership. Interesting.

2 Likes

I stopped at Key City once coming back from PA about 15 years ago. Funny that I tend to remember diners when they have a salad bar.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much what I have always expected from diners.

Did you go last night? Any idea who took over the operations? The landlord just assume management or did someone else step in?

I’ve dug around and came up with nothing. The Trama’s at One Willow website and FB page remain the same, as if there’s been no change.

1 Like

Doesn’t shock me. New owners prob trying to capitalize on trama name for as long as possible, esp upon the big rush back.

1 Like

I did.

There is a comment on the trama trattoria ig that ownership is remaining the same and that Pat and his wife are concentrating on the trattoria. But it is interesting that they took their name off of it. Maybe getting ready for a sale at some point who knows.??There is a new head chef in Highlands though, which is mentioned in the same comment from one willow.

They are probably sub leasing the spot. That would be my guess.

2 Likes

The Cake Chef’s cookie location is to die for. Entire family is from Staten Island. I was raised on those cookies. We still have an old friend who visits us and brings a big box of those cookies.

2 Likes

I noticed that as well on Facebook. Trama’s at One Willow simply became One Willow.

1 Like

Why you gotta tell me about cookies I didn’t know existed?!?

2 Likes

Curlz, sometimes I think we were separated at birth!

1 Like

im a huge buttercream fan- the sweeter the better- so for cakes I liked Alfonsos better, but everything else - cake chef was the spot…I haven’t been to the cafe he opened on New drop Lane- but I hear its very good. Him coming here would be awesome- but I doubt it- I think he’s very hands on in his spots. I doubt another bakery will go in that spot. I’m not sure what will go there- too big for a bakery I think, too small for a full blown sit down restaurant unless they remove al the counters, etc…either way there’s a HUGE empty spot for my sweet tooth now.
@CurlzNJ, the Cookie Jar is a spot to avoid then -wall to wall cookies only…I love the cannoli cream or buttercream stuffed ones, anything raspberry too…

2 Likes

I’m actually glad my last several tastes have been when my friend brings the sampler, because if I had to go in there and select them myself, it may take several hours!

2 Likes

You’re killing me!!!

yeah it’s overwhelming- I found some favorites (including the many different brownies) and just zone in on them so I don’t overload…also the mini whoopee pies and the trim-colors too (not as good as Alfonsos but still very good)

1 Like
1 Like

Update re: One Willow:

1 Like