Restaurants Lost to the Pandemic................NJ Edition

Mastori’s is one I will miss

1 Like

I’m not sure if someone else has mentioned it, but I drove by Casa Comida in Long Branch on Sunday. Evidently the property has been sold.

Sadly, it was a shadow of it’s former self in recent years. I’m not surprised that they closed down. I’m not sure when it happened.

2 Likes

Owners retired in late November.

1 Like

I just heard that Cuban Cafe on Memorial Drive in AP has closed.

Oh no! They made a great Cubano.

1 Like

Gotcha!

Mosaic Cafe in Old Bridge (previously Bridgeway Diner) has closed. Its location was terrible; it was on the on/off ramp from 516 east to 9 south, or 9 south to Ticetown Road, and the latter involved cutting across the former.

1 Like

No one will be surprised, but as we were driving down Rt. 9 North around Freehold, we noticed that the Pizza Hut is no more. A chain that should just shutter but won’t. I crave a meat lovers on occasion, but they did not move with the times.

I remember distinctly it was June in 1979, a Wednesday I believe when PIzza Hut ruled the world. (yeah pretty much for that one day) lol I just remember as a kid those deep-dish pizzas were a thing of lore. Now…the last time I had Pizza Hut was in an airport from a kiosk of sorts. It was horrible but that memory from June 1979 still lingers and so will my thirst to experience that PIzza Hut just one more time in my life. Probably will never happen…but a boy can dream.

Even though that Route 9 Pizza Hut is near us, I’ve never been. In fact, the only time I can remember ever going to a Pizza Hut at all was way back in the mid-1980’s in, of all places, England. We were there with our daughter who was in her teens at that time. I haven’t a clue what made us go there. Perhaps, she wanted pizza, and that was the only pizza available then?

1 Like

The ONLY Pizza Hut(s) I have been to in the past 25 years has actually been in Aruba!! As stated, they actually have Pizza Hut in the Aruban airport and I have taken a fancy to grabbing a personal pie while waiting for our annual flight(s) home. lol Again, as stated above it’s just the pursuit of that childhood memory that keeps my trying to recapture a bit of that lost innocence of 1979.
(FWIW we leave in 3 weeks for our 28th annual Aruban family vacation!..I will report if I have the pizza this year!! lol)

2 Likes

We were in Aruba for 8 days in August, loved it again, hadn’t been since 2018

1 Like