Restaurants Lost to the Pandemic................NJ Edition

Don’t know where else to post, mods please feel free to move if this belong else where

Went to pick up dinner last night in a spot and the parking lot was about 70% full, bad sign. Went in and spot was at least half full in areas I saw including customers walking in from the street not masked at all.

Nothing wrong with the post to me besides I’m sorry you had that experience.

1 Like

Where?

1 Like

Antojitos in Keyport – we drove by today (on our way to Los Corrales) and there was a “For Rent” sign in the window.

Our problem with Antojitos was that Los Corrales was better though farther, and El Rinconcito de Mama was closer, and Antojitos had a parking (and turning around to get hone) problem. Plus stairs.

Fresh Bowl in Red Bank

1 Like

j0nx,
Welcome to Hungry Onion my friend, I’m assuming by your post you are another local Monmouth County resident! My children went to RBC so I’m quite familiar with this location, sad to see it go. That’s a shame they closed, I believe it was a “mom & pop” not a corporate store so even worse.
Although not the proper thread where is your favorite Red Bank spot?

FYI here is our little “Welcome To Hungry Onion” thread, please feel free to share more about yourself and welcome again!!

2 Likes

Thanks NotJrvedivici,

Yes I’m a local. That location used to be a saladworks then they went independent. Unfortunately they opened a second location in the mall right before the pandemic. Red Bank has many great spots. I think Bombay River’s lunch specials should not be missed!

3 Likes

I think the Golden Onion Awards (aka the “Greggy”) …not an eating venue …was some how lost to covid as well! It would have been the 3 rd annual. FWIW

But never too late

3 Likes

Kudos to you! Yeah @gcaggiano you sleeping at the wheel??

3 Likes

Is there enough interest this year???

2 Likes

I vote yes o the Greggies

1 Like

Don’t know where to put it anymore, but was in CVS
Parking lot today in LS and saw work being done on the old Graze spot.
Just permit in window and workers inside, no indication of what’s next there
Anyone know what chef Junior is up to these days, was a talented guy, just think that spot was too ambitious for LS

1 Like

Pho Da Nang in Old Bridge has re-opened.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. Somehow instant :ramen: [pho] just isn’t the same. :cry:

(Yelp seems to indicate they are open seven days a week, but I’m still going to skip Mondays, since they used to be closed then.)

Olive & Ivy on Route 35 in Eatontown has big “Space Available” signs on it, so I’m assuming it’s closed.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve been closed for a while… that’s a shame.

I am convinced that location is just cursed ever since the diner closed up years and years ago.

1 Like

The All Seasons Diner is a tough one to complete with and The Americana ain’t too shabby either.

3 Likes

Add Europa grill in Shrewsbury to the list. Believe they closed in april

Just as I started enjoying them again I got a very bad to go order from them and that was it for me.