Din Ding Dumpling’s Fremont location will reopen across the street from its original Walnut Ave location: https://whatnowsf.com/din-ding-dumpling-house-to-reopen-in-new-building/
- Old Pier Hong Kong BBQ and Hot Pot (SF Parkside) malatang & hotpot in addition to the Hong Kong bbq & noodles/soups
- Hunan Mifen (Sunnyvale) Hunan noodles
- Apt Li Xiang (Milpitas) Taiwanese chain in the former Kung Fu Noodles space (was also a Chaozhou restaurant for a while. Menu includes beef noodle soup, dumplings, Shanghainese dishes such as XLB, pleat-down Sheng Jian Bao.
- Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks (Santa Clara) new location of Taiwanese chain
- A Yelper reports that Tianjin-specialist Golden Garlic (San Jose) has been replaced by a place called The Skewer Bar. Any more info out there?
- A Heart Szechuan Fish (Hayward)
- Little Sichuan (San Mateo)
- Root Chinese Restaurant (South SF), the Bay Area’s only restaurant with non-noodle based Jiangxi style dishes, has closed. The East Bay’s Noodles Fresh is from Jiangxi and has a few dishes made with Jiangxi rice noodles.
- Tasty Pot adds a Concord location, which had previously been reported in the Mercury News
- As noted in my last post, The Skewer Bar (San Jose) opened in the old Golden Garlic space.
- Myeongdong Ja Jang is opening in the Pacific Pearl shopping center in Pleasanton according to ABC records and a story in Whatnowsf