Red Bank redux version 2.0 [NJ]

What do you think I just did?

1 Like

Haha! You’re the best at rounding up a crew!

I am game. Hollar :smile:

2 Likes

I’m not a big bourbon guy, but if I’m not busy with work I will stop bye to say hello to everyone. (and have a vodka martini!!)

1 Like

We’re thinking about it but I usually work Wednesday nights and need to see if I can make the schedule work.

1 Like

I can tell you that I’ve had the Misunderstood Whiskey and I became a fast fan…

A bit rich for my blood, but I’ll come for the company!

YAY @joonjoon – it’ll be good to see you and catch up.

I was just on the phone with them; as of right now, no issue with non-tasting people showing up to eat/drink other stuff. If the weather is good, we’ll be up on the roof, and if not, then they’ll have to be more strict on the count. For now, I have a reservation for 4, which I can change with my new BFF who’s running the event. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Who else is in? Open to all…

I’m barely gone a week and you already have a new bff?

1 Like

This one’s in Red Bank. NO WORRIES! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I’m sure you’re all still in food comas from this weekend, but are we still game for Red Rock Tap + Grill on Wed night? Fwiw, we could just meet there for drinks if you’re not hyped about the tasting…just want to get back to them re: the reservation, so please let me know by Tuesday morning!

Here’s the list thus far:

@Curlz
@corvette_johnny
@joonjoon
@NotJrvedivici

@MsBean ???

I have a tentative appointment so I’m going to bow out to be safe.

1 Like

Sorry I have to bail on this one. :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry. I couldn’t make the schedule. Too many people on vacation. I’ll have to drink by myself when I get home from work

2 Likes

So…regular Wednesday. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

1 Like

@corvette_johnny I’ll text you directly…

1 Like

I can’t find a full post for Baan Khuh so just adding our experience here. Stopped here last night for an early dinner (tried walking into Via LOL. It is a running joke that we will never eat here again since it seems impossible to get a table).

The restaurant is really pretty with bright colors and lots of decorations. Service is nice but our waitress didn’t speak much English so communication was hard. My husband’s duck was largely inedible. Extremely fatty and lots of skin. Only a few bites of actual meat. When I told the waitress, she just nodded at me so I don’t think she understood. And it was $25. Mine was good but I said I wanted it mild and it was quite spicy. We also started with lettuce wraps which were alright but small. Nearly $60 pre tip. I doubt we will be back. I’m kicking myself for not seeing if Semolina could fit us in.

1 Like

We did dinner out with a larger group and decided on Bistro because it has a bit of everything and we knew they could handle a bigger table. I haven’t been here in years but it totally exceeded my expectations. All the food was fresh, tasty and very reasonable. Service was excellent. We split a few apps and everyone got an entree. $44 per person after tax and tip.

4 Likes

So I see that yumi is now opening on Sept 9th according to google.

I think red bank may give sea bright a run for their money in terms of how much red tape you have to go through. It seems nothing in either town now opens smoothly.

I’m just really hoping this wagyu on a stone dish is going to be good. I think it will be good and expensive. We will see…

1 Like

Just drove by last night and I somehow missed it’s in the old blie spot? I guess that upscale Mexican spot is out?
Edit. Meant catch not blue.

It is the spot where the orginal catch was. So yes, I think that was the blue seafood place. According to Google it will open in mid September.

I wonder how the pricing will be. It will be a tough one if it’s more than sea bright, which isn’t cheap.