Red Bank redux version 2.0 [NJ]

It’s one thing to be critical. Everyone who provides a public serve (such as dining) is open to it. But its another thing to be snarky and arrogant.

Yes, her reviews do tend to be a little snarky, with backhanded compliments.

I worked with her one night at a special dinner event. I wish I could publicly say where, but I can’t. All I can say is, she was exactly how I pictured and expected. She did our particular organization a big favor that night, so I have to show gratitude. I do and did thank her for what she did. And as a food blogger myself, whose reviews are not always positive, I understand criticism and telling it like it is. But what I NEVER do is come at you with a holier than thou attitude. My reviews are about the food, not me and my ego.

And come to think of it, that Kunya write-up may be the only 100% positive review of hers I’ve ever seen.

Good to hear it was railed!

So I broke down and ate my words. I got the 3 pounder last night at siam.

It is hard to tell how large it is, but look at the dinner plate in comparison to the fish plate : )

3 Likes

Here are two other pics I took with a different camera. Which one, first or second, do you think came out better? If you don’t see any difference that is fine. Obviously angles and lighting and different. I’m not a photographer lol.

Definitely the second one. I always heard food should be photographed from the top, but I personally favor above and to the side to show off the depth. This is especially true when photographing a sandwich, which would be rendered null if taken from the top.

Also, I never use a flash. Ever. Rule number one of food blogging is to not call attention to yourself at the table. :smiley:

I have a Galaxy, which takes excellent pictures in low light. It could be the most dim restaurant on the planet, and I am still not using a flash.

Example below, from Neelam last night. Low light, angled to the side.

potd14

2 Likes

So here’s a new one for you, Indian with a Mexican twist:

RED BANK: INDIAN, WITH A MEXICAN TWIST
Sourabh ‘Sam’ Jain plans to open Bombay River Indian Restaurant Saturday. (Photo by John T. Ward. Click to enlarge.)

https://www.redbankgreen.com/2018/04/red-bank-indian-twist/

Should be right in the old wheelhouse eh @corvette_johnny & @gcaggiano ???giphy

Hmmm…well it does seem like am iteresting combo. Hopefully they have some good food and some nice traditional dishes. Hey, at least it isn’t another Italian joint

1 Like

Exactly my thought! I’m a purist, but if it gets others to try Indian food…

Funny how easily we accept Korean tacos, but I sense hesitation about Indian tacos. I basically do it now when I wrap some chicken in a naan.

Ok so let me ask you this question, the exact same ingredients on bread is a sandwich, in a tortilla shell (or soft) it’s a taco, if it’s folded and rolled it’s a wrap.

So why or how is it an Indian taco? Isn’t it simply a taco with whatever ingredients regardless of their cultural background?

Well 4 Corners Indian tacos are deelishus.

Not so sure about these:

images%20(1)

Of course some around here one will certainly have a misguided opinion about Indian tacos.

1 Like

I’ll definitely try some Indian tacos and report back. My question is, when does this place open? I might email the owner and ask. It’s on their webpage.

Aww poo!

1 Like

He’s in trouble so I had to sneak that in. Don’t tell the thought police @NotJrvedivici.

Should we get a taco thread going? I was thinking about that. I think I started one a while back. Let me look…

I checked… no straight up taco thread.

So I went to email the owner and they have updated their site. I have to say I’m impressed. They have a rather large menu with fusion dishes and traditional recipes. I have never had Indian crab. Does anyone know what species they normally use?

http://www.bombayriver.com/full_menu.php

Chef Floyd Cardoz JUST posted about Goan crab today!!! It’s a thing. Wish I could eat it (allergic)… Let me see if I can find his IG post.

(Floyd, btw, is possibly THE nicest human being I’ve ever met. I always use the word lovely to describe him–because he is. And a hell of a good chef, to boot!)

3 Likes

So far this place looks decent. I’m not a huge yelp fan but will report back. I hope to be there tomorrow

Bombay River

https://yelp.to/qTKq/Plq1QuqXzM

Thanks for reminding me of why I never use Yelp! Seriously…those “reviews” are laughable imo. I’m looking forward to YOUR post, @corvette_johnny !