Recreating Regular Chowhound Boards Here

As the person who’s coordinated it on CH, I can answer. In a word, no. We had decided to do three four-month selections there this year instead of quarterly, so one was ongoing, but instead of trying to bring it over here, especially since most times it gets less traffic than COTM, it made more sense to me for us transplants to settle into the community here and see if folks are interested. If so, I’d be more than happy to continue coordinating on whatever timeline seems desirable. How does that sound?

4 Likes

Glad you can help.

Anyway, we can just go ahead and give it a try, as baking cook book of month/quarter/trimester doesn’t exist in here, we don’t have enough bakers to create such an event. This will be something new.

3 Likes

well, we’re getting on for a year after the OP. I reckon HO is doing OK.

(Too much initialising there, Harters. Do try harder)

3 Likes

There is no easy way to identify Long Island posts here. My memory is a bit faded, but CH did have a board for Long Island, plus I think Queens. and maybe NYC Outer Boroughs. Since the NY Times abandoned Long Island, and Newsday only writes see no evil reviews, I have no reliable source for local dining and food information.

I would like to see a Ling Island/Queens board here.

NYC covers all five boroughs (pretty sure CH had both Manhattan and Outer Boroughs board). LI would fall under New York, here. Did you search for LI-tagged posts?

1 Like

Hoe do I do that? I just looked at “all tags” and Long Island was not seem.

Ah, I guess no one’s tagging it. I searched for “long island” in all boards, and got some threads. None of them terribly recent, however.

If there were a Long Island board prominently announced, perhaps there would be enough interest to encourage a few posts.

Sure, why not. You should @ the mods and request.

Put [Long Island] in square brackets when you post about Long Island.

The search function here is much better than other boards. Save your searches for Long Island or specific neighborhoods and cities.

That’s what I do.

1 Like

I thought that posting on this thread would have that effect.

The (volunteer) mods don’t monitor every single thread on this site. I believe they have day jobs.

BUT if you tag @moderators they will see it. Like now.

2 Likes