Recommended pizza spots in Toronto GTA

Do you have a bbq and a pizza stone? You’re welcome.

1 Like

We do have a large pizza stone… and a small BBQ, so I will have to see if it can fit. Good thought - hadn’t occurred to me.

1 Like

I tried the Blondies today hmm didn’t enjoy it much.
Pizza was very fresh that’s why I guess initial impression was decent

1 Like

Sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy it much.

https://www.fratellis.ca/our-menu.html

Anabolic Eats She’s So Iberica pizza

3 Likes

Picked up a whole pizza from Badiali this time but had to order before noon. Quick tip one can bypass the lineups if preorder. Lineup were quite long even for an off peak hour.

4 Likes

Now I remember why I’ve never tried Blondie’s despite going by its Dundas location many, many times. Every picture looks exactly as you describe, Doc. Overcooked. Burnt pepperoni, dried browned cheese, black crusts. Pizza is supposed to be lightly charred, not immolated.

1 Like

Tried pizza e pazzi today. Delivery took way longer. Decent I think more at libretto level

2 Likes

Had a couple of really good pizzas last week at Mattachioni on Gerrard. Recommend!

3 Likes

Which pizzas did you try?

I love Mattachioni’s bread and sandwiches.

1 Like

Margherita - solid
S.Sarti -good but the rapini made eating difficult
Carlo & Giulia - beyond delicious.

3 Likes

Thanks!!

I enjoyed Noctua Bakery’s margherita slice today.

1 Like

If you find yourself at Yonge and Eglinton, skip past the usual chain spots and head north on Yonge to nearly Sherwood Avenue and try Classico Louie’s Pizzaria. They use semolina in their dough and it creates a crispy crust. We’ve been going there for about 25 years and really enjoy it.

For sit down pizza, I’d recommend Grazie Ristorante at Yonge and Broadway (closer to Eglinton). It’s pretty busy place but we’ve always managed to sit down quickly. I don’t believe they sell slices but their whole pizzas are happily shareable.

3 Likes

I’m going to try this Palestinian Sicilian pizza tonight.

1 Like

Levant’s small1/2 Fatayer and 1/2 Meat Habibi pizza ($23 before tax and tip). This place is awesome . Also available by the slice.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried Juniors, which is owned by someone who worked at Vesuvio’s?
https://instagram.com/juniorstoronto

Finally tried Slowhand. The pizzas are Detroit-ish, but smaller than the ones at Descendant. Crust is chewy and tasty. Cheese drips over the edges and becomes nice and crunchy. Toppings are quite fun, though the total experience is a bit on the salty side. Topping combinations aren’t as creative as Descendant.

Peter Piper: Stanislaus tomato sauce, house cheese blend, Ezzo pepperoni, pickled jalapeño peppers, whipped ricotta dollops, Sicilian oregano, and a Hot Honey drizzle.

What’s the Dill Yo: roasted garlic sauce, house cheese blend, sliced Kosher dill pickles, fresh dill, Carolina gold mustard drizzle.

3 Likes

I truly enjoyed my vodka sauce pizza slice at Badiali’s today. https://www.pizzeriabadiali.com/

2 Likes

A seasonal special from One Night Only pizza: Festivus For The Rest Of Us - basil cream sauce, smoked mozzarella, double smoked bacon, blue cheese, tomato compote, finished with padano & fresh basil - delicious smokiness, funk from the blue cheese, sweetness from the tomatoes.

1 Like