Recipe Serving Size Toggle Switch and other helpful tools

Just a big :raised_hands: to recipe websites that include an adjustable serving size button for users to adjust portions accurately.

Any other features you found helpful or would welcome to your favorite recipe website.

R

3 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with a lot of asian food recently. I love it when a recipe links to IMAGES of 2 or 3 examples of recommended brands of an unusual ingredient.

3 Likes

Ironically I was just looking up a recipe online and the site had this feature (as a 1x/2x/3x option) - the down side . . . which I hadn’t noticed before . . . is that the recipes don’t start with a serving size (e.g. serves 4), so in this instance, not so helpful.

I was looking at a mini cheesecake recipe and the site adjusted the ingredient list by how many cupcakes you planned on baking. Very helpful. It was the first time I noticed this feature.

I agree about photos. When they are included the visual is a helpful jumping off point.

1 Like

Oh, I love this. I’m gonna’ look for it on website recipes now! So many times I’ve made dishes for a group and they turn out great, but when I try to modify them for two ppl it’s not as good and vice versa.

Paprika, the recipe storeys app, has a serving size adjuster.

1 Like