Raw Milk. Do you believe in Raw Milk?

That’s the place, all right. There are some things that are spelled differently there, he spelled it ettau a couple of times but yeah, my web search spelled it ettal.
Here we spell it Nuremberg, there it’s spelled Nurnberg, I know not why.

1 Like

Someone in the "hood " just started selling raw goat milk! Also in the “hood” are duck and chicken eggs.

This is reminding me of my late uncle’s goats in Huntsville, Alabama .

Ooooo! Cajeta!

2 Likes

I just visit a supermarket near me yesterday. It has raw cow milk and raw goat milk.

2 Likes

literally the first thing i did when i relocated to a state where raw milk is legal, is buy it. so delicious. i get it from an amish stand at the farmer’s market.

2 Likes

Oh, wait;

“Raw or low-temperature pasteurized goat’s milk (often found in local markets) will coagulate toward the end of the cooking process, giving the cajeta a slightly grainy consistency, so save those delicately flavored milks for fresh applications.”

Have you tried to headbutt the goats yet? I heard if you win, you get a prize.

1 Like

I don’t even want to get out of the car! They seemed happy to jump on the hood of the car.

1 Like

2 Likes

But after 45 minutes of cooking, it’s hardly raw anymore … Huh. I wonder why industrial pasteurizaton and stovetop pasteurization would yield different results. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Given your point, I wonder if the homogenization of the commercial stuff is what keeps it from going grainy?

1 Like

Agreed, homogenization might come into play.

Or maybe they just over-cooked that batch … no shade to Stella Parks or Serious eats, but how many batches of raw milk cajeta do you think they actually made?

Just seemed funny to me, getting excited about raw milk then cooking it for an hour. But I’m not a ‘believer’ :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you can tolerate it, it’s addictive. I don’t even think it’s legal in WI. We’ll, they can just go to heck! I think it tastes like melted ice cream, sans sugar.

Like many laws in Florida, raw milk regulations are squishy at best.

There are two facilities that are fully licensed and inspected to process raw milk for human consumption.

Everywhere else, its clearly labeled “for pet consumption only”. Pretty funny how many pets are eating tomato basil goat cheese crumbles. (They’re delicious, by the way. The cat swears by them.)

2 Likes

RD, I saw a comedian do a similar riff on the first person to eat an oyster. I have to admit that though I like oysters on the half shell, I can not imagine being the first person I knew to try one…

2 Likes

And if you lose you get a concussion or skull fracture

But just think… the bragging right you will have to tell your friend that you beat a goat in headbutting

1 Like

That’ll impress the heck out of them, won’t it?

Potential skull fracture vs. boasting rights with my friends.
Hmmm…
Maybe?

1 Like

Probably the same outcome even if you “win”.

2 Likes

It will certainly impress the goats.