Prime rib, Creamed spinach, Yorkshire pudding, Baked Alaska.

Agree . Going big for this one . What the heck . It will be a eight hour or more ordeal .:smirk:

A prime rib costs half a week’s groceries these days. It’s not on our grocery list too often. Pot roasts and braised shanks are more common.

Ah, gotcha. So it’s Sunday but only a couple of Sundays a year :slight_smile:

I have made both Yorkshire pudding and popovers. It is my understanding that it is called Yorkshire pudding when you do it in a pan and popovers when you use the popover cups. I have no idea where I came up with this notion so it is likely wrong. Anyway, I like both. When done in one big pan it came out denser and had a bit of a custard like texture to it. I might have made them wrong but I really liked it. In the popover cups they are lighter and airier. Sort of like a cream puff in that there is a big hallow cavity. I enjoy making the popovers because I get a kick watching them rise in the oven. They also make for a great presentation. I have one of those popover pans. I have never made them in muffin tins but I know that it is done.

I should note that the only Yorkshire puddings and popovers I have had are the ones I have made so I have nothing to compare them to. I could have it all wrong.

1 Like

That is a heavy meal and you’ll want to enjoy it. I’d serve an old fashioned relish tray alone.

1 Like

If you make them in muffin baking tins, once they come out of the oven they sink, and you can pour gravy into them. Unlike a large one that is cut into squares where the gravy slides off. Either way is good :slight_smile:

That’s how I’ve done it.

Then you’ll work it off. Have you checked YouTube? Jamie Oliver has at least one on Yorkshire pudding. Be sure to save some fat for Toad in a Hole, Yorkshire pudding batter baked with sausages.

1 Like

use bacon grease for your yorkshires!