Pride of the Sea [Matawan, NJ]

Hey Jeff. Thanks for the update. Are you going to be at the tyces shoal party?

Doubtful, unless I go with a friend. It’s only about 7 nm north of me but I have an empty dock with no boat in it right now.

Ah I see. Well if you are guys free, let me know. We can pick you up::slightly_smiling_face:

Check this out Jeff. Gramps boating a 6+ pounder right near the light house today.

7 Likes

Very nice! I would say that his catching it was no fluke…but it is.

2 Likes

What did he catch it with?

Spearing…stomach was empty. That’s not a good sign about the bait around. It was a 25 incher.

2 Likes

I wish I was out there today…amazing weather and calm seas. Work is getting old!

3 Likes

And in today’s episode of “why would any business owner do that?” The owner of this establishment called residents dumb and got political in response to a post saying how the exterior of the restaurant looks unkept. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??! @gcaggiano did you catch this madness?

:astonished:

I missed it but thank you for sharing!

He’s a bit of a loose cannon based on his comments. They’ve quieted down of late but early on it was really bad. Everything a business owner should not do/say publicly he managed to do in the opening weeks of his restaurant.

2 Likes

Yes, pretty wild huh?

2 Likes

Wow, I’m sure he will be losing business over this.

2 Likes

As soon as you go political, you immediately alienate half your customer base (especially with such an uncalled for reference as this one).

Customers are a pain in the ass, I get it. He’s a passionate owner, I get that too. But you never want to get into a shit-slinging contest with one publicly, whether on Facebook or Yelp, etc. It does nothing but bring the brand down, regardless of what the argument is about. This guy has been in more than I can count, and there’s probably a bunch I missed!

Owners/social media reps really need to show more tact and either ignore or respond with, “Thank you for pointing that out. We will do our best to fix it.” or whatever robotic-PR term is appropriate.

3 Likes

I figured we would try it at some point since it is so close but now… Nahh just not interested in everything I’ve seen. It is a bizarre message “I’m busy and don’t need your business.”

1 Like

Some people have no business being self employed.

3 Likes

Perhaps even more than half your customer base. I’m no fan of Trump’s (well, more accurately, my opinion of him is unprintable), but attacking people who complain about the landscaping as being Trump supporters makes no sense to people on either side.

4 Likes

Bingo. Exactly my thoughts!

1 Like

How about this craziness. A simple “Due to rising costs, we are now implementing a 3% surcharge on all credit card orders. We thank you for understanding.” would have sufficed.

Then, apparently, they got rid of the surcharge after a week trial.

I believe gas stations are the only ones who can legally pass on a surcharge for credit cards. I’m fairly certain.