Preferred cookie sheet

I am going to be baking a lot of cookies this week, so I need an extra half sheet pan. A few recent articles recommend the Nordicware cookie sheet (about $18 and made of aluminum.) Anyone have an opinion on the best cookie sheet (_not non-stick coated)? We can share cookie recipes on another thread.

1 Like

I use Vollrath cookie sheets exclusively. Part NO.
68085 . Very heavy weight, I’ve had these for a longtime and don’t remember where they were purchased but they are superior to most baking sheets.

1 Like

I’m curious to hear what people say to this question.

Long story short - I don’t have one.

I’ve never really thought about my cookie sheets. I have always gone to the local restaurant supple store and bought them there. I have 20 or so and use them for everything. Aluminum with a rolled edge. They hold up very well. I’ve always been curious when I see reviews or recommendations about cookie sheets but have never bought one to compare.

P.S. I love the 1:4 and 1/8 sheet pans too. So useful for me when I don’t really need the 1/2 size.

1 Like

I have Norpro and Nordicware pans. I used to have A Vollrath but I think that is the one I foolishly cleaned with oven cleaner. I don’t know what I was thinking but there is a thread somewhere on HO about it. It now sits in my shed being used for when I change the oil in my chipper. The reason I resorted to the oven cleaner was because of how dirty the pan was. My Norpro’s are as dirty as the Vollrath were. The corners get baked on gunk which I have difficulty getting very clean. The Nordicware are much easier to clean. Perhaps because the corners are a bit wider and more round in shape. I just weighed them and the Nordicware are heavier than the NorPro. 472 grams vs 342. That’s for the 1/4 sheet pan. I have no complains about the Nordicware.

The Vollrath cookie sheets are flat with a turned up edge on both ends, no corner as such. They are not a “jelly roll” type pan with an edge all around. They are much easier to remove cookies from as they have no sides. I’ve found them easy to keep clean and have at least a half dozen if not more.

Oh those. I have two of those but rarely use them. I don’t think mine are Vollrath. They are insulated. I feel they make cookies spread too much and don’t brown on the bottom as much as I like. I think I might like brown bottoms more than some. The Vollrath don’t seem to be insulated, interesting. I agree that shape is nice for removing cookies. I use my insulated ones as a pizza peel. I also use them when making biscotti because I can easily transfer half cooked cookies (cooked on parchment) on board to cut before the second cooking.

Yes, the insulated ones have limited usage. Haven’t had a use for them for a long time. Now that you have reminded me of them, I think I’ll stick them in the basement :joy:! The Vollrath are not insulated.

Yep. I have multiples.

I have several sizes. There are some 30 YO Chicago Metallics and some $5 restaurant supply. I do not notice a difference in how they hold up or perform.

1 Like